Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB

WKR
How many people were vaccinated each year? Would give a better idea of percentages of people impacted.
~163M Americans have been fully vaccinated versus an estimated 35M COVID cases. If one believes the real # of COVID cases is a multiple of those confirmed (e.g. 5x more) then the number of those who got COVID is pretty close to the # who got vaccinated. COVID deaths are still many times greater than those who died after being vaccinated, which is what I was attempting to demonstrate in my prior post.

And the obvious deficiency of the graph above is that not every one who died after getting vaccinated died because of the vaccine or related complications, so it is implicitly overstating vaccine deaths.

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
^that includes the skydiver whose chute did not open and died of kung flu.....
It also doesn't include the at-home deaths that happened early in the pandemic that were not tested, but keep up with the political spin if it makes you feel better.

CoStick

WKR
~163M Americans have been fully vaccinated versus an estimated 35M COVID cases. If one believes the real # of COVID cases is a multiple of those confirmed (e.g. 5x more) then the number of those who got COVID is pretty close to the # who got vaccinated. COVID deaths are still may times greater than those who died after being vaccinated, which is what I was attempting to demonstrate in my prior post.

And the obvious deficiency of the graph above is that not every one who died after getting vaccinated died because of the vaccine or related complications, so it is implicitly overstating vaccine deaths.
My question is 2000 deaths in a previous year might be a higher percentage than 11k this year based on how many vaccinations were given each year,

Laramie

WKR
To those of you stating that people don't have as good of an immunity to Covid after actually having the virus vs the "vaccine"- How would anyone actually know if this is true? There hasn't been time to perform large enough studies to conclude anything.

If it matters - I have had Covid and my doctor is not recommending I get vaccinated.

One last question - Why do those pushing the vaccine worry about people who haven't been vaccinated? Seriously I don't understand. If you have had the vaccine, and you believe it works, why are you concerned?

260madman

WKR
My county of 50,000 has 1 active case of rice rabies. Vaccination was at 50%. What does it mean? Maybe don’t live in densely populated areas with shitty health care? IDK.

Our governor Lurch was here for our School district administrators retirement party a week ago. He was not masked but wouldn’t hesitate to lock us down tomorrow if the wind blew the right direction. Guess it’s not deadly or contagious when hanging out with teachers at the bar.

CoStick

WKR
To those of you stating that people don't have as good of an immunity to Covid after actually having the virus vs the "vaccine"- How would anyone actually know if this is true? There hasn't been time to perform large enough studies to conclude anything.

If it matters - I have had Covid and my doctor is not recommending I get vaccinated.

One last question - Why do those pushing the vaccine worry about people who haven't been vaccinated? Seriously I don't understand. If you have had the vaccine, and you believe it works, why are you concerned?
I think the concern would be that if not enough people are vaccinated the virus can continue to mutate to the point we are starting over vs ending the pandemic.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
A nation divided by bad information on social media and selfishness.
Bad information, social media, selfishness.........are all scapegoats. If people aren't bright enough to sort through all the crap on social media and bad information given out by the government and whoever else........then they deserve everything they get. So it's not the information (good, bad or otherwise), it's not social media, and it's not selfishness........it's the lunacy that's overtaken the world that causing such a divide. If you boil it all down to one truth, it comes down to accepting what God has said versus accepting what man says. Every lunacy that is going on right now in our world is in direct contradiction to God and His Word. So bottom line.........pick a side, and go with that. Don't be a Nimrod.......look him up and study him if you need to.

Gobbler36

WKR
Personally idk why everyone wants to save everyone anyways.
The population of the earth needs reduced. People are living to long and we are going to outgrow our food and water supply.
Natural selection has to happen.

Sure if I loose a loved one obviously ill be upset. But it is what it is. People have to die.
Bee
Really? And, you base this conclusion on what? Power of prayer? You have a test which after you pee on the swab lit up the "Good to Go" light? Tell me you do not understand how viruses work without telling me you don't know. Because, you just did. Do you smoke? Are you above the BMI target? Have any health issues? Take any Rx? Healthy, prayerful, patriotic persons are currently being hospitalized and they all have one thing in common 98% of the time. Unvaccinated. Some are now dead. Parents and children are amazed the loved one died. I am not. You also should not be. Oh, and 30% of survivors have lingering issues with their lungs and hearts that has led some to commit suicide rather than face continuing disability that arose out of their ignorance. I am pleased Darwin will collect over 100,000 unvaccinated souls the next 8 weeks here in America. I also am happy when I see someone light up a smoke and pull that sweet, sweet smoke into their lungs. I figure is more chance Social Security lasts a few years longer as stupid people win stupid death prizes.
haha
Damn someone drank the cool aid

It's interesting to compare the news coming out of Israel compared to us. Frankly, at this point, I don't know who or what to believe any more.

Mike7

WKR
I think the concern would be that if not enough people are vaccinated the virus can continue to mutate to the point we are starting over vs ending the pandemic.
That has been a narrative pushed by people like Fauci, but without much in the way of evidence.

In fact, it is theoretically easier for Covid-19 disease to escape these "narrow attack" vaccines when compared to our own more broadly responding immune systems to the disease, and therefore artificially select for some mutations.

This is not necessarily the case with other types of infections (or other types of vaccines even for Covid-19), so be careful not to compare apples and oranges.

Here is a pretty good explanation:

gelton

WKR
The vaccines substantially reduce the risk of getting COVID and for those who do it reduces the viral load and the potential for transmitting the disease. Moreover, it substantially reduces the risk of serious disease or death. This all has been well-demonstrated.

It is one thing to be ignorant of what has been learned despite the underlying data having been available for months, but it another thing entirely to make statements that are untrue and call them "fact".

That is a question I have been asking as well. From what I have read, it is believed that the vaccine provides a more robust and durable immune response than having gotten the disease. Add to that the poor accuracy of the early COVID tests, the variable immune response that has been seen among those with natural immunity, and questions that exist around the degree of protection that natural immunity from one variant confers against other variants, it seems like a belt and suspenders approach.

On the flip side, I read an article on an Israeli news site that suggested that people with natural immunity were 6x less likely to be re-infected than those who got a vaccine were to become infected.

The bottom line is that I think much of this is too new for the scientific community to have developed firm conclusions, so they are taking a more conservative approach.
First, you make claims as facts like the vaccine "substantially reduces the risk of serious disease and death and then say it has been well demonstrated..."

Demonstrated where? The vaccine manufacturers cannot even make claims because the "trials" arent finished. It has also been demonstrated that many receiving the vaccine have had adverse reactions with some resulting in deaths.

In fact, in Europe, the states with the highest vaccination rates are the exact areas where new covid cases are the highest. There are some of the same trends here in the U.S.

Then you say "I think much of this is too new for the scientific community to have developed firm conclusions."

So which is it?

Here are the facts:

Vaxed people:
Can still get covid.
Can still spread covid.
Can still die from covid.
Can potentially die from the vaccine.

Unvaxed people:
Can still get covid.
Can still spread covid.
Can still die from covid.
Cannot die from the vaccine.

1627332169217.png

FLATHEAD

WKR
Really? And, you base this conclusion on what? Power of prayer? You have a test which after you pee on the swab lit up the "Good to Go" light? Tell me you do not understand how viruses work without telling me you don't know. Because, you just did. Do you smoke? Are you above the BMI target? Have any health issues? Take any Rx? Healthy, prayerful, patriotic persons are currently being hospitalized and they all have one thing in common 98% of the time. Unvaccinated. Some are now dead. Parents and children are amazed the loved one died. I am not. You also should not be. Oh, and 30% of survivors have lingering issues with their lungs and hearts that has led some to commit suicide rather than face continuing disability that arose out of their ignorance. I am pleased Darwin will collect over 100,000 unvaccinated souls the next 8 weeks here in America. I also am happy when I see someone light up a smoke and pull that sweet, sweet smoke into their lungs. I figure is more chance Social Security lasts a few years longer as stupid people win stupid death prizes.
Sounds like you might need some medicine.

cgasner1

WKR
That’s what the monthly child pay out is right??? 300 dollars/month per kid??? Good luck ever getting a republican elected ever again.

Its actually a advancement for your 2021 taxes you would get in 2022 most people don’t realize that and are going to be in a lot of trouble come tax season we got one check then got online and opted out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stress isn't good for you either. Some of you all need to chill out! I would say go take a walk but most of the US is too Hot for that right now lol
That’s because the sad fact is most in the US are obese and don’t want to deal with the “walk” and the sweat that comes with it.

Geewhiz

WKR

Here's a data point for you concerning immunity after catching the covid.

I try to stay away from mainstream media and other covid propaganda, but I do remember seeing early on that "they" were saying if you got covid, you would only have immunity for around 2 months. After 2 months, your body would not be producing antibodies for the covid antigen anymore, which means you could catch it again and you would not have immunity.

I caught the covid at the end of December 2020. I work in a lab and have access to testing. My study is far from being concluded, but I will say that my antibody titers are still rising after 7 months. 2 months my a$$. If that's not a scare tactic I don't know what is.

This is obviously a small study and I don't have any other comparative data, but that's the facts.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I’d like for this thread to continue, but then there comes the emotionally unstable man, no boy, filled with a plethora of lingering psychological issues from childhood who needs to project all his insecurities on this thread by wishing death to American brothers and sisters. Mods if you read this, please consider just getting him out of this thread and/or ban so we can continue a healthy debate.

WKR
Here's a data point for you concerning immunity after catching the covid.

I try to stay away from mainstream media and other covid propaganda, but I do remember seeing early on that "they" were saying if you got covid, you would only have immunity for around 2 months. After 2 months, your body would not be producing antibodies for the covid antigen anymore, which means you could catch it again and you would not have immunity.

I caught the covid at the end of December 2020. I work in a lab and have access to testing. My study is far from being concluded, but I will say that my antibody titers are still rising after 7 months. 2 months my a$$. If that's not a scare tactic I don't know what is.

This is obviously a small study and I don't have any other comparative data, but that's the facts.
It's not a "study" at all. It's anecdote.

WKR
I’d like for this thread to continue, but then there comes the emotionally unstable man, no boy, filled with a plethora of lingering psychological issues from childhood who needs to project all his insecurities on this thread by wishing death to American brothers and sisters. Mods if you read this, please consider just getting him out of this thread and/or ban so we can continue a healthy debate.
haha, I think he's a doc with actual experience treating Covid patients. I'm sure he doesn't know anything.

I think he's just hoping that people get exactly what they deserve, as do I.

Status
Not open for further replies.