How far have you traveled for a weekend hunt

Bulldawg

WKR
Curious what is furthest you have traveled for a weekend hunt. Like a hunt you have planned only to hunt Saturday and Sunday and left on a Friday. I have planned a 5 day hunt driven 7 hours and killed an elk 2 hours into the hike into camp. But I have driven 5 hours to a spot to hunt turkeys for Saturday and Sunday.

How about y’all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harge57

Lil-Rokslider
I drove from Dallas Texas to Wyoming for 2 weekend hunts after not killing an elk on my first 14 day trip. That is about 14 hours ~1000 miles one way.

Killed a 5x5 on the 2nd weekend hunt. I would leave Thursday after work, drive all night and arrive to the trail head just about the time to start hiking in, hunt Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning then drive back.

Dunndm

WKR
Drove from San Diego area ish, up to about San Jose area ish. So about 7 hours to spot and stalk turkey. Go one luckily on Sunday around 10 am. I was only going up for a Friday night - Sunday leave around 11

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Drove 5 hours one way to kill coyotes on the highline lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ratfink

FNG
I drove from western, WA to Eastern, Wa... it should of only taken about 5 hours, but with snow on the passes it took around 10 hours... it was for a 2nd deer in January. Took all of 2 hours to hunt and shoot her.

WCB

WKR
13.5hrs...fished the Bighorn River in MT Sat. Shot Prairie dogs Sunday....I've traveled a couple times 9hrs Mule Deer or Antelope hunting to S.D....and many times 6 hours for ND whitetails leave Friday after work, hunt through Sunday night. Early season get home about 4AM late season Midnight. Can make for some long Mondays at work.

Trr15

WKR
11 hours from Ft Worth to Northern NM for a day hunt. Didn’t see shit. Lol

A buddy of mine call me 5pm on a Friday let's go to Missouri turkey hunting. We pack up our stuff and was on the road buy 8 drove the 7 hours from Minnesota stop and bought licenses. Took a 2 hour nap in the truck and went hunting, we both had are birds buy 630. Went to town got a hotel room. Next day shot 2 more birds, home on Sunday for supper. 14 hours driving 6 hours of hunting best trip ever.

Not so good of a trip. Drove 20 hours on a elk hunting trip to get a family emergency call (that could have been avoided)and drove home. 40 Hours of driving 24 hours of hunting. Sh!t happens. But we did get a elk on the 1st day by 1pm and day 2 we hauled out, day 3 on the way home. So really 4 hours of hunting day and a half hauling out meat. Could have been worse.

Billinsd

WKR
Flew about 800 miles to Gunnison, CO with my dad for a weekend to deer hunt and flew out a couple more weekends to elk hunt. Great times!!!

Not hunting, but my girlfriend flew from Oregon to Florida to join me for ~24 hours including a half-day charter fishing trip. I was there for work, and she found a good price on a plane ticket. She caught a 77 inch sailfish, so I’d say it was a success.

tdot

WKR
21 hours, 1650km for 2 days of hunting. Realized I might have gone a little far when I started seeing road signs saying I was 200km away from the Northwest Territories.

Mt Al

WKR
Haven't done this for a few years, but used to leave at 4:30 AM, drive six hours, hunt for six or seven hours, then head home. After gas, chow, would get home about 11:00 PM. Really not so bad if (IF!!) I packed and filled my truck two days before, fall asleep before 10:00 PM the night before.

6 hours each way is about furthest I remember for a 2 day hunt. Many times I've run 4 hours each way for a turkey hunt.