How many rounds do you carry?

Usually 8-10 rounds. Anticipate 1, maybe 2 for the animal I bring home (if fortunate). A couple just in case for a missed shot, and some extra in case re-sighting is necessary (dropped rifle, it happens). Depends on the country, and how deep I plan to be in.

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
Always 7, 3 in the rifle and 4 in the pouch. I’m not superstitious, but I don’t doubt it enough not to

I got a little gun (.243) so more shells don't weigh much. 4 in the magazine and 10 in my pouch. I know its more than I'll ever need.
3 broad heads, a small game head, and a field point for archery.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TTurboEE

FNG
Big game rifle hunts I would carry 3 in the rifle 10+ in my pack, varmint hunting 5 in the rifle 5 in my check pad + a box in my pack.

Four in the gun, two each in at least 2 quickly accessible pockets & at least another 6-8 in the pack. You never know... drop gun & need to check zero, bear, wolves, 3 round emergency shots, walking dead, etc.

gdpolk

Lil-Rokslider
For medium to large game where I’m looking for one kill and time to go back to the truck...

Up to an overnight trip, two guns worth or 6 shots when muzzleloading. Thus far I’ve never needed to reload an empty gun to finish a hunt but I’d kick myself for being the weight weenie that couldn’t spare a few rounds for good measure if needed.

multi-day trips without an option to restock I like 20-30 rounds just in case I need to verify and rezero in the field.

For small game like squirrel, rabbit, birds, etc I bring a LOT. I’ve hit the field with 500rds in the pack several times.

I typically carry twice the capacity of my mag. The mag is loaded and in my gun (nothing in the chamber) and then spare rounds in my Kuiu holder.

Trypad

FNG
13. 4 in gun and 9 on the sleeve. Just to be prepared. My hunting buddy and I shoot the same rounds and when he ran out I was glad to have a few extra just in case. We had both shot deer that day. He only carries, 6, and luckily his 5th round did the trick. Earlier that day we had stocked a couple bucks and his scope was dialed a bit long for what ended up being a short range shot. He went through half his rounds pretty quick.