MeatEater and Weatherby?

Dusty2426

WKR
Great. So the sphere of influence will be larger as the Meateater message skews farther and farther to the left with pressure from the handlers. I'm so excited.

It's already happening with the continual blabbering about nuance from O'Brien.

O’Brien is the worst thing to hit meateater. What a tool. Reminds me of a kid try g to hard to fit in “look at me!look at me!” I deleted his podcast long ago and cringe when he opens his pie hole on meateater

SDC

Lil-Rokslider
Again, I don't think rinella is after the types of connections to be had with most hunting show types. I am sure it was a business decision. And I'm sure it won't affect the content of hos shows one bit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I don’t give a damn about the content of his show. I care about that marker being called by a majority investor who is an activist anti-hunter and anti-2A zealot. Rinella chose that affiliation, and when the price is to be paid, I’m concerned about hunting and the 2A. Investors like don’t just do business, as Chernin himself has said: it’s about advancing his agendas (anti-2A and anti-hunting) when he invests his money.

Rinella sought that out, by choice. He sold knowing what Chernin was and what his money means. There will be a price to be paid, and it will be on hunting and the 2A. That’s my concern, not some mere show.

SDC

Lil-Rokslider
O’Brien is the worst thing to hit meateater. What a tool. Reminds me of a kid try g to hard to fit in “look at me!look at me!” I deleted his podcast long ago and cringe when he opens his pie hole on meateater
O’Brien is a symptom, and a signal, of what MeatEater has become or always was. Birds of a feather, and the flock congregates in Missoula.

gabenzeke

WKR
I don’t give a damn about the content of his show. I care about that marker being called by a majority investor who is an activist anti-hunter and anti-2A zealot. Rinella chose that affiliation, and when the price is to be paid, I’m concerned about hunting and the 2A. Investors like don’t just do business, as Chernin himself has said: it’s about advancing his agendas (anti-2A and anti-hunting) when he invests his money.

Rinella sought that out, by choice. He sold knowing what Chernin was and what his money means. There will be a price to be paid, and it will be on hunting and the 2A. That’s my concern, not some mere show.
For someone that doesn't care about the show, you sure seem concerned about the makeup of the ownership of said show.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
I’ll make it simple. Don’t buy anything or watch anything produced, branded or supported by Rinella.

Then go out and create another “brand” and rake in millions.

You’ll feel better.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
O’Brien is a symptom, and a signal, of what MeatEater has become or always was. Birds of a feather, and the flock congregates in Missoula.

What are the brands and shows you still support? It has to be a pretty small list.

Broomd

WKR
Democrat and anti-gun are not one and the same. I've never not voted democrat (though on specific issues I could not care less about party line but what I believe is right), do not support the NRA, and yet here I am, with guns,. My brother the same. My cousin the same. Uncle the same. Multiple friends the same.

And there it is...you ain't worth .........

Disgusting.

Trial153

WKR
Typical Democrat ,reaping the benefits from the work of the very people they oppose . If everyone voted Democrat not only would we not have guns we would not be able to talk about them .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
You have 9 posts on the sight and 6 of them are rude, derogatory, or disparaging.
Good start.

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
Remember way back when.....in a distant past when there were no product placements or sponsor sells on meateater? That's why his show became popular, because it wasn't an infomercial. Times they done changed....lol.

Cant say I blame him, gucci gear is cool. Free gucci gear is badazz. But I would caution Mr. Rinnella that his new conglomerate might be his ultimate folly...
I’m not super educated in politics, but I’m sure Steve probably wears more than one hat when it comes to politics. Steve as well as First Lite are big into preserving public lands for all of us to hunt. A big public land bill was just passed this last year. I’m sure it got help on both sides of the isles. I’m a realist and know with out the NRA our firearm liberties would be gone. Not all Democrats are bad, some are even in good standing with the NRA. First Lite has camo offerings with Savage and Weatherby.

JWP58

WKR
I’m not super educated in politics, but I’m sure Steve probably wears more than one hat when it comes to politics. Steve as well as First Lite are big into preserving public lands for all of us to hunt. A big public land bill was just passed this last year. I’m sure it got help on both sides of the isles. I’m a realist and know with out the NRA our firearm liberties would be gone. Not all Democrats are bad, some are even in good standing with the NRA. First Lite has camo offerings with Savage and Weatherby.

I'm not sure if you meant to quote my response, but I didn't mention anything about politics, Democrats, or the nra.

For good reason. My belief that the move towards the "inc." isn't the greatest idea has more to do with the personalities that have been brought abroad. And of course the product hocking. It has nothing to do with politics, I apologize if that's how it came across.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Do people research the political action of every company?
How long does it take you to grocery shop?!?
Which toilet paper companies are right/left leaning? Charmin? Scotts?

I must know when wiping my butt which party I'm supporting.

You know, there is a difference between obsessing over the political leanings of every company you might buy a widget from and deciding to not financially support a company after their political ideology has been publically exposed.

You know, there is a difference between obsessing over the political leanings of every company you might buy a widget from and deciding to not financially support a company after their political ideology has been publically exposed.

I know it. But from the vast majority of rantings/generalizing/name calling I see on this site, I don't think others do. My comment was not directly related to anything you said. If it did, I would've replied directly.

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure if you meant to quote my response, but I didn't mention anything about politics, Democrats, or the nra.

For good reason. My belief that the move towards the "inc." isn't the greatest idea has more to do with the personalities that have been brought abroad. And of course the product hocking. It has nothing to do with politics, I apologize if that's how it came across.
No need to apologize. You are correct that you didn’t mention politics, the last quote had a political feel to it. (But I would caution Mr. Rinnella that his new conglomerate might be his ultimate folly...)
I was just saying that Steve probably get pulled in a lot of directions when it comes to politics. I wouldn’t want that pressure, but I do appreciate the voice he has when it comes to public lands. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
Do people research the political action of every company?
How long does it take you to grocery shop?!?
Which toilet paper companies are right/left leaning? Charmin? Scotts?

I must know when wiping my butt which party I'm supporting.

Crude, butt to the point. Pun intended. Rinella could shoot any rifle, wear milsurp camo, and STILL be a better writer and produce a better show than 99% of what’s out there.

Sand in the panties boycotts of everything someone with different views has is dumb.

If you really want to learn something, sit down and talk to someone who is nothing like yourself and knows nothing of what you do. It’s enlightening.

I was looking for an orange pack cover and was at a hiking shop. Typical granola crowd. Sales dude says “yeah, you gottta get orange...all those dang hunters out this time of the year.”

I said “yup, I’m one of them...”

Few minutes of conversation and needless to say, he had a little different perspective on hunting. We’re not all shooting from a truck and leaving beer cans everywhere....as was his impression.

If everyone thinks the same, someones not thinking.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Crude, butt to the point. Pun intended. Rinella could shoot any rifle, wear milsurp camo, and STILL be a better writer and produce a better show than 99% of what’s out there.

Sand in the panties boycotts of everything someone with different views has is dumb.

If you really want to learn something, sit down and talk to someone who is nothing like yourself and knows nothing of what you do. It’s enlightening.

I was looking for an orange pack cover and was at a hiking shop. Typical granola crowd. Sales dude says “yeah, you gottta get orange...all those dang hunters out this time of the year.”

Few minutes of conversation and needless to say, he had a little different perspective on hunting. We’re not all shooting from a truck and leaving beer cans everywhere....as was his impression.

Great post.

I try to have this conversation with non-hunters at every opportunity that presents itself. It usually goes well.

I will also have a similar conversation with anti-hunters, but it is not as successful. Thankfully true anti-hunters are pretty rare, especially in my area.

It will be hard to preserve our hunting heritage without the support of the middle.

SDC

Lil-Rokslider

It’s the not view; it’s the funded agenda. When the money comes with strings that would gladly hang us all, I want not part.

bobinmi

WKR
Ive come to the conclusion that its possible as an adult to support someone's stance on the vast majority of issues even if i don't agree with them on a couple specific ones. If you think that Rinella is a negative to the hunting community you're so far out of touch in tin foil hat world that I see your opinion on the matter as irrelevant.