MeatEater and Weatherby?

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Do you fellas stop listening to music by bands that lean left? If so, you probably have a fairly quiet house or are real sick of Uncle Ted and Toby Keith.

Rinella doesn’t even lean left, an investor in his company does. Being obsessed with left/right, etc seems like a weird, stressful way to go through life. I don’t know how you guys keep your lists straight.

If Rinella said he was anti 2a, I’d say it’d be worth talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Do you fellas stop listening to music by bands that lean left? If so, you probably have a fairly quiet house or are real sick of Uncle Ted and Toby Keith.

Rinella doesn’t even lean left, an investor in his company does. Being obsessed with left/right, etc seems like a weird, stressful way to go through life. I don’t know how you guys keep your lists straight.

If Rinella said he was anti 2a, I’d say it’d be worth talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. It kills me. The very fact that they are posting on this forum means that is hypocritical. Wonder which bastion of right-wing Republican values produced and sold the devices these guys paid for (which consequently directly led to larger political donations GASP) and are using to post here?

This from a southeastern Alabama redneck, to be clear.

Okhotnik

WKR
Who was the President that signed the law allowing firearms in National parks?

Same President also signed a law reversing a law after 9/11 that disallowed Amtrak passengers to carry firearms in checked baggage.

Hint...wasn't an R.

Let’s all hold hands and cry tears of joy during one of many of Obama’s antigun speeches during his tenure

That man deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. For the greatest firearms salesman in US history 😂

SDC

Lil-Rokslider
I get that some hate anyone not 1000% Republican and 2a supporters but has anyone looked at what cherin wants from meateater?

https://www.fastcompany.com/9024480...loads-with-stake-in-hunter-friendly-meateater

This is one of many articles of his idea. He wants to serve an underserved market of hunters and provide more content. Of course he wants to do it to make money, but there are very few media moguls that lean to the right, so partnering with a left leaning media mogul that wants to expand hunting & fishing media to serve outdoors people doesn't seem that bad. Your options in media are left, hard left, and Uber left. . .

Sorry; I don’t buy it or the Rinella spin after the news broke.

He chose to sell that interest, and he chose the buyer. It’s a privately held company; he did not have to sell. He didn’t shop the investment opportunity at SHOT, or at ATA, or at Sheep, or at DSC, or at HSC, or at SCI. Those are venues with a lot of very successful business people; with a lot of varied investment interests and all of them are very pro-hunting and conservation.

Instead, he chose to shop it to an activist investor with a known anti-2A, anti-hunting ideology. That was his intentional choice.

Money never lies; people and orgs do, but the money doesn’t. It doesn’t come for free, and with an investor like this (or an agenda-driven Foundation), it always comes with a string and a marker that will be called.

As to why Weatherby; no ARs, no handguns. Figure it out.

gabenzeke

WKR
Sorry; I don’t buy it or the Rinella spin after the news broke.

He chose to sell that interest, and he chose the buyer. It’s a privately held company; he did not have to sell. He didn’t shop the investment opportunity at SHOT, or at ATA, or at Sheep, or at DSC, or at HSC, or at SCI. Those are venues with a lot of very successful business people; with a lot of varied investment interests and all of them are very pro-hunting and conservation.

Instead, he chose to shop it to an activist investor with a known anti-2A, anti-hunting ideology. That was his intentional choice.

Money never lies; people and orgs do, but the money doesn’t. It doesn’t come for free, and with an investor like this (or an agenda-driven Foundation), it always comes with a string and a marker that will be called.

As to why Weatherby; no ARs, no handguns. Figure it out.
But the guy has connections in the entertainment industry. Coincidentally, that's the industry meateater is in. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SDC

Lil-Rokslider
But the guy has connections in the entertainment industry. Coincidentally, that's the industry meateater is in. Not everything is a conspiracy.

And there is no one at SHOT, Sheep, ATA, HSC, DSC, and/or SCI that has any connections at all, or the means to provide funding?

Privately held stock sales are by choice; he chose this over all other options. An after the fact sales pitch is just that. The money he took, willingly and by choice, will have a price and the funder’s agenda is well known.

gabenzeke

WKR
And there is no one at SHOT, Sheep, ATA, HSC, DSC, and/or SCI that has any connections at all, or the means to provide funding?

Privately held stock sales are by choice; he chose this over all other options. An after the fact sales pitch is just that. The money he took, willingly and by choice, will have a price and the funder’s agenda is well known.
Perhaps some other wealthy people could make those connections, but it would make more sense to partner with someone that already has them. I guess what I'm saying is I would bet just about anything that this was 100% business and 0% politics/2a related.

SDC

Lil-Rokslider
Perhaps some other wealthy people could make those connections, but it would make more sense to partner with someone that already has them. I guess what I'm saying is I would bet just about anything that this was 100% business and 0% politics/2a related.

You guess? Your guess requires the assumption that no one in the pro-hunting camps has any connections of substance at all; or that the connections of an anti-2A, anti-hunting activist are 1) not exactly that as well, and 2) outweigh any connections from a pro-hunting perspective to such a degree as to make them the best route. That would be a laughable assumption, given the myriad outdoor and hunting channels, the hunting/media industry, and the sheer volume of people, wealth, and connections at all of the events I listed earlier.

Rinella chose to sell, and he chose to sell to an anti-2A, anti-hunting activist over all other options. A sales pitch afterward is just that and doesn’t wash. Add in Rinella’s affiliations with orgs that are funded primarily by anti-hunting, anti-2A foundations, and the picture becomes even more clear.

Remember the only adage about what happens when you “assume”? That’s what you’ve got.

Dusty2426

WKR
Weatherby sales slogan. “Weatherby, you can buy better but you can’t pay more” kinda like Bigfoot sightings I’ve heard of people that own a good shooter but I’ve never seen one

gabenzeke

WKR
You guess? Your guess requires the assumption that no one in the pro-hunting camps has any connections of substance at all; or that the connections of an anti-2A, anti-hunting activist are 1) not exactly that as well, and 2) outweigh any connections from a pro-hunting perspective to such a degree as to make them the best route. That would be a laughable assumption, given the myriad outdoor and hunting channels, the hunting/media industry, and the sheer volume of people, wealth, and connections at all of the events I listed earlier.

Rinella chose to sell, and he chose to sell to an anti-2A, anti-hunting activist over all other options. A sales pitch afterward is just that and doesn’t wash. Add in Rinella’s affiliations with orgs that are funded primarily by anti-hunting, anti-2A foundations, and the picture becomes even more clear.

Remember the only adage about what happens when you “assume”? That’s what you’ve got.
Again, I don't think rinella is after the types of connections to be had with most hunting show types. I am sure it was a business decision. And I'm sure it won't affect the content of hos shows one bit.