Nipple rash

SDHNTR

WKR
It's been warm lately and I sweat a lot. I'm not much of a runner but have been logging a bit more mileage lately. After a few miles and my shirt gets soaked thru, I start to get a serious nipple rash. I wear dry fit type shirts from a running store too. The dude at the store told me these would be the ticket and they aren't any better than anything else I've worn. The only solution Ive found is taking my shirt off, but that causes car wrecks from all the MILFs in my hood not watching the road (lol, yeah right). So what are options to stop this and keep the MILFs safe? I've tried band aids but that actually made the problem worse with more rubbing, and ripping them off my hairy man nips wasn't pleasant either. What do you skinny little running geeks do?

MTNRCHR

Lil-Rokslider
Like they say in the movie Bad Bosses...
You can't run a marathon without putting bandaids on your nipples!
Or you can always shave those monkey nips and use duct tape... lol

Shrek

WKR
This problem is no joke ! If I forget and wear a cotton tee I'll be raw . My merino doesn't hurt me like cotton does. Might try some fine merino t-shirts

E-2

Lil-Rokslider
High school basketball... Cold gym and 20 year old practice uni. Band aids where the only thing I found that helped. And a good glob of Vaseline to moisturizer at night.

Interesting. Never had this problem. Maybe cut nipple holes in your running shirts. ;) or a sports bra (manssiere). I kid but wish I had a better idea than what was already said. Shave and use sports tape or duct tape?

mAv

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same issue, very very bad. i have come off trail runs looking like I was shot twice in the chest from forgetting. I use athletic tape over them. it's not pleasant taking them off, but it's much better than dealing with it during the run... not much else has helped me. There's no 'tech tee' that is techy enough to save my nippes I guess.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Sounds like I'm in good company. Band aids are actually worse for me. I use the body glide on my junk region, never thought of my nips. Will give it a shot.

I got a product from a company the other day which was an anti-chaf product for nipple rash...i'll see if i can dig it out and will text ya the name.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Cool. My prob with band aids is the center part seems to grab to the shirt and rub my nipple bits even more. Will have to look up these things.

Owens

Lil-Rokslider
Depending on the length of the run, I use body glide, vasoline, bandaids or one of the tight under armour base layer shirts. Funny, it seems to be more of an issue when it is cold and/or windy...

PA 5-0

WKR
Talk to me about these nip guards.

LMFAO!!! Nothing against anyone's issues, but in all my years operating in fairly athletic circles, I have never heard of this. In my Xcountry days, every part of my body hurt, except my nips. Just thinking out loud, would a tight, compression type tshirt help. Maybe as a base layer. Unless you boys have real man boobs, a compression type shirt should hold things stable and tight enough to not get chafed. Other than that, its LuLuLemon time for a high performance sports bra. Like wearing half a tank top right??

Hardstalk

WKR
Oh lord, just when you think you've seen it all! Im praying for the safety of the local MILFs on this one.

bz_711

WKR
Had same problem two years ago training for first marathon - gotta love your first bloody nips story.

I was "too manly" to use anything - luckily the nips build up their own tolerance over time. Avoid cotton as stated - by marathon day...sunny , sweaty, and had camelback pack with sternum strap on...had no issues.

...but they also lose tolerance over time...gotta keep up the long runs:)