Opinions on 3 rifles

elkguide

WKR
Have worked on/owned several Brownings. Very accurate rifles. Don't feel good in my hands with the palm swell or the bolt throw and I can't get a good cheek weld on the stock. Have traded or sold everyone that I have owned.

Have a couple Sako's (super fine tuned Tikka) and while they are very accurate and have a good feel to them, I still restocked them and changed the triggers.

I have worked on and own several Christensen rifles and had one customers rifle that had an issue with the feeding but was quickly remedied by CA. My own CA rifles are easy half inch rifles and fit me well. My last few elk have been shot with a CA custom thumbhole stocked rifle that fits me and hits what I point at.

Ideally, find some friends that have some of these rifles and shoot them.
Good luck and get whichever one fits you the best.

Another tikka vote, although in fairness I have very few rounds on either of the other two.

only down side of a tikka IMO is that there is a good chance you will restock it just based on feel. It probably won’t improve performance but it will feel less cheap with a $600-800 stock upgrade.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Tikka is almost always the answer because their smooth actions can be turned into a semi custom rifle that will challenge rifles 2-3x the cost. I’m NOT a fan of their stocks. I would suggest going with a factory tikka and an aftermarket stock inletted for a sendero light barrel. Shoot it for as long as you want with the factory barrel then at some point upgrade to a carbon fiber prefit. All in you can be in a very nice semi custom for 2000-2500.

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
Have worked on/owned several Brownings. Very accurate rifles. Don't feel good in my hands with the palm swell or the bolt throw and I can't get a good cheek weld on the stock. Have traded or sold everyone that I have owned.

Have a couple Sako's (super fine tuned Tikka) and while they are very accurate and have a good feel to them, I still restocked them and changed the triggers.

I have worked on and own several Christensen rifles and had one customers rifle that had an issue with the feeding but was quickly remedied by CA. My own CA rifles are easy half inch rifles and fit me well. My last few elk have been shot with a CA custom thumbhole stocked rifle that fits me and hits what I point at.

Ideally, find some friends that have some of these rifles and shoot them.
Good luck and get whichever one fits you the best.
What stocks did you put on the Sako rifles? I’ve had a hard time finding a replacement for mine?

when I was in your shoes, I had my choice down to the same three guns. I ended up buying the Tikka for the $200 less price. Ended up buying a hells canyon speed shortly after. I preferred the Browning feel over the Tikka, but they both shot decent. My ruger American out shot them both though. Lol

Eventually I sold the Tikka and the HC and picked up a savage 16 light weight or something like that. It was less than 6lbs.

sndmn11

WKR
You are ranking the swfa and the bushnell as being better than the leupold vx6?

Interesting. Your eyes matter. Just glad you didn’t put vortex in there. Lol

In all seriousness, I always love hearing other opinions about optics. Especially when it’s something bit different.

Yes, without question and very seriously.

JakeSCH

WKR
No wrong choice. Every tikka and CA that I have bought shot well. My 6.5 PRC is a Mesa and it shoots sub half inch 5 shot groups all day.

I would say if you get bored easily and want to change things around a tikka is the best choice.

My biggest issue with my CA was weight...it was nearly 7 lb 12 oz from factory. I ended up replacing the stock which saved me 12 oz...

Ikmclean

Lil-Rokslider
The unpainted regular price is $400, i couldn't find any seconds just now, how much are those?

$299

Ikmclean

Lil-Rokslider
The unpainted regular price is $400, i couldn't find any seconds just now, how much are those?
$299, I posted a link but it's waiting on approval. If you're looking for a long action I've got a b&c off a vanguard I'm trying to sell