Oregon elk hunter shoots wolf in self defense

AG8

Lil-Rokslider
That story has stuck with me ever since then. Maybe hit harder because I was also a GE student at the time and went into exploration. Rare or not, it’s a story every person in the ‘wolves rarely/never attack humans’ crowd needs to know. I am very hopeful that the 10j ruling sticks because if that moment ever comes, I don’t plan on taking warning shots.

Jaquomo

WKR
Totally get it....I would rather have neither decide. I would like to see the management agencies of state and federal work together and allow states to manage their game. Didn't say anything about recommending judges decide. Seems like the process needs to be improved
Ha, agree. If only we could lock up all the lawyers. A former attorney for Defenders of Wildlife is on the CO Parks and Wildlife commission, proposing and voting on Wildlife management and hunting policy. He coined the phrase, "Saving Wildlife, one lawsuit at a time"

So states generally do get to set wildlife management policy, except when something like the ESA takes federal precedent over wildlife. The question is, is it wildlife managers advising the politically-appoiinted Commissioners setting policy, urban voters, or judges who decide management, and hunting policy in the future. The next ten years will be interesting for hunters west of the Mississippi.

"The hunter was apparently forced to shoot the wolf..."

Is that an Oregon thing? A result of drinking too much Starbucks? A
psychological disorder?

I wouldn't be able to stop myself.