Prone bipods

Just ordered a 2 Vets tripod that should handle most of my needs. But I'd like to get a good bipod for shooting prone. I thought about using my pack but if I'm set up and have all my layers on and my woobie out my bag size will be pretty flat.

I'd like something that'll pan so if the deer is walking I can follow it. Hated my Harris for this! If seems whitetails in November are never standing in one place for too long.

Weight and different feet are also a consideration.

It seems the Altus is the OG. But what about Tier One? Spartan? Also looking at the Hatch.
The Spartan looks nice. Don't think I'd really need a bipod on my gun 24/7 as if I need to shoot when I'm walking the coulees I probably won't be prone.

Also the Altus models are a little confusing for this window licker. Any suggestions for which one? I can run a pic or Swiss rail on my mloks.

Any others I should look at?

Ty boys

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
Over the years I have used Harris (for years because it was the only option), more recently the Atlas and for the last 12 months the Ckye pod. I primarily use these to shoot PRS matches, but use much the same equipment to hunt with.

Bottom line is that I love the Ckye pod and would happily cart that with me for any hunting trip that I thought I might need a bipod for.

intunegp

WKR
I got the Spartan Precision bipod sold by Sig for $50 less than the Javelin Pro Hunt Bipod from Spartan and I can't tell any difference other than the color. The Sig version includes an M-lok mount which is what I was looking for, the Javelin Pro Hunt comes with their classic rifle adapter. The bipod works fine for me shooting prone, I'm satisfied and will be using it on my upcoming elk and mule deer trip.

I just bought an Atlas CAL because I'm tired of my Harris walking forward when I put pressure on it. We'll see when I shoot it but the quality is leaps and bounds above my Harris.

OP
TradLife406
I think Harris is a decent product but it's hard putting a cheap bipod on a custom rifle.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Antares

WKR
The V8s are the Atlas base models. I agree that the model numbers are a little confusing. Mostly the different options have to do with the attachment type. I had a two-screw version (BT10 V8) because I was trying to save weight, but eventually switched to a quick-release version (BT10-LW17 V8). I'm a fan.

Here's a comparison chart that might help.

atlas_bipods_comparison.png

seand

Lil-Rokslider
Are you gonna pack both? You could just do a full length rail and shoot prone off the tripod. Unless you are looking for an improvement in speed over the tripod. Personally I can’t see ever using a bipod again in the field after getting a RRS tripod.

I also would say atlas cal. The only think I like a bit better about the v8 is the slight bit of play in the legs to load into it. Either are much more stable than the Harris, which I did run for years. Another nice thing with the atlas is being able to run the legs at 45 degrees either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeknelk

WKR
Javelin tripod with a flush mount adapter in the stock. Keep your rifle clean and handling nice for timber hunting, but pop it on in a few seconds and kill stuff if prone is an option. Other things work too of course.

Northpark

WKR
I’m using the rugged ridge gen 2. I really like it. Very adjustable and easy to use.