Rear bag suggestions?

I made a separate post with pics of our current bags we offer for anyone interested.

@atmat I tagged you with more pics of the mini.View attachment 667282

Which bags are these?

4112bc5754f466fd2d98b49b031f243a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are the 2.5 ultralight and the Mini Ultralight (it will get listed tomorrow).

Welp I’m sold now… lol. Just sent through an order for the 2-5 coyote with orange strap if available

I couldn’t invision what you were saying when you meant tighten the strap and it creates a V for the rifle stock but that picture sold me

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@hereinaz I see that the 2-5 has a photo of blaze orange on the website. Is that option still available?
Yeah, jus task for it in the comments and note you talked with Lobo and are OK with the color.

(My mountain man name from BoyScouts is Lobo. I met my hunting buddy at a rendezvous and his name is Skinner. That’s where LS Wild comes from.)

Yeah, jus task for it in the comments and note you talked with Lobo and are OK with the color.

(My mountain man name from BoyScouts is Lobo. I met my hunting buddy at a rendezvous and his name is Skinner. That’s where LS Wild comes from.)
Perfect. Ordering now.

atmat

WKR
Received my new mini in blaze orange from LS Wild (@hereinaz). Spent some time playing/dry firing with it in my living room. Build quality looks great. It’s suuuuper light. Out of town this weekend but hopeful to get some time shooting with it soon. Overall I’m pretty impressed.

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
Multitude of options these days.
Have used Tab and Armageddon and a few other for years.
Weight, size, required job is your call.

R

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Received my new mini in blaze orange from LS Wild (@hereinaz). Spent some time playing/dry firing with it in my living room. Build quality looks great. It’s suuuuper light. Out of town this weekend but hopeful to get some time shooting with it soon. Overall I’m pretty impressed.
The Mini Ultralight is about 1.3 ounces, and we envision it as the quick easy go to bag to use as a rear bag on top of other objects, like the bino harness, pack, or something else. By itself, it has limited height, but on top of something else, it will be a fast and easy way to reduce wobble.

I'll let Form answer for what he does, but in the meantime, you might find these articles of interest:

Taylor told me he didn't like the str8 laced and pint sized GC i was using and gave his deal on what a rear bag should be at a class a couple years ago. I finally bought his bag recently and I'm not really a fan. It's so full it's just not very flexible IMO. I'm sure i'm doing it wrong according to him though.

atmat

WKR
The Mini Ultralight is about 1.3 ounces, and we envision it as the quick easy go to bag to use as a rear bag on top of other objects, like the bino harness, pack, or something else. By itself, it has limited height, but on top of something else, it will be a fast and easy way to reduce wobble.
Mine is advertised weight exactly.

Attachments

• IMG_6086.jpeg
    IMG_6086.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 17

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Taylor told me he didn't like the str8 laced and pint sized GC i was using and gave his deal on what a rear bag should be at a class a couple years ago. I finally bought his bag recently and I'm not really a fan. It's so full it's just not very flexible IMO. I'm sure i'm doing it wrong according to him though.
His bag works great with his technique. I learned a lot by watching his videos about rear bag and trigger manipulation. He finally put together what others had been saying but I just wasn't getting.

It seems from videos by Taylor, Galli, Valeyo, and other Marine Scout Snipers, that is a common rear bag technique and bag shape. Support the rear of the rifle and the support hand grabs the stock like a crab claw. I have to say that I do employ that technique when possible, because it is effective for recoil management.

But, there are times and rifles that it isn't needed because of a heavy rifle or smaller cartridge with low recoil. That's when I have a grip on the rear bag alone and am squeezing to put the crosshair on the target.

There are many techniques and rear bags, it ends up being a very personal decision. The skill level, training, precision expectation, gear, cartridge, rifle system and shooter background lead to what the shooter likes.

There is no "perfect bag." I have seen it as I have interviewed and talked with so many shooters. It runs the gamut across all sorts of skill levels and training: from pro to journeyman to enthusiast to typical hunter who sights in once a year. Add to that all the videos about how to use a rear bag.

In the end, what I have seen is that its not so much the rear bag that makes for precision, but the technique and form applied to the rear bag/cartridge size.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Welp I’m sold now… lol. Just sent through an order for the 2-5 coyote with orange strap if available

I couldn’t invision what you were saying when you meant tighten the strap and it creates a V for the rifle stock but that picture sold me

How's the bag working?

How's the bag working?

Working well! I will hold a full review for when I have more time behind it (have only shot 3 different times with the bag). But so far it is much quicker to adapt to different height needs of the stock (up hill shoot vs down hill shooting)

It is close to as stable as the wedge but is superior in my eyes to the wedge in hunting applications (the wedge has a set height that seems to be a little low for me so I would likely benefit from the spacer bag)

His bag works great with his technique. I learned a lot by watching his videos about rear bag and trigger manipulation. He finally put together what others had been saying but I just wasn't getting.

It seems from videos by Taylor, Galli, Valeyo, and other Marine Scout Snipers, that is a common rear bag technique and bag shape. Support the rear of the rifle and the support hand grabs the stock like a crab claw. I have to say that I do employ that technique when possible, because it is effective for recoil management.

But, there are times and rifles that it isn't needed because of a heavy rifle or smaller cartridge with low recoil. That's when I have a grip on the rear bag alone and am squeezing to put the crosshair on the target.

There are many techniques and rear bags, it ends up being a very personal decision. The skill level, training, precision expectation, gear, cartridge, rifle system and shooter background lead to what the shooter likes.

There is no "perfect bag." I have seen it as I have interviewed and talked with so many shooters. It runs the gamut across all sorts of skill levels and training: from pro to journeyman to enthusiast to typical hunter who sights in once a year. Add to that all the videos about how to use a rear bag.

In the end, what I have seen is that its not so much the rear bag that makes for precision, but the technique and form applied to the rear bag/cartridge size.

My main issue with it is just that its filled very full and is not particularly easy to manipulate to get different support elevations. It's great if i want to the butt to be the height that works well with it but it's not when I want to go lower. A str8 laced while bigger and maybe not as solid in support can be manipulated in bunch of ways to fill whatever support height you need and a guy can still pinch the stock with it in hand.

well shoot i just ordered a mini ultralight. hard not to beat these bags for the price weight and value. plus your supporting another WKR. really like my 2-5 but always good to have options

My main issue with it is just that its filled very full and is not particularly easy to manipulate to get different support elevations. It's great if i want to the butt to be the height that works well with it but it's not when I want to go lower. A str8 laced while bigger and maybe not as solid in support can be manipulated in bunch of ways to fill whatever support height you need and a guy can still pinch the stock with it in hand.
I ordered one that is 2/3 from @hereinaz and it is perfect

While its not just a rear bag, I'm really liking my pint sized game changer with git lite fill. I took about 20% of the fill out of it and it's been a great bag for multiple uses

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
While its not just a rear bag, I'm really liking my pint sized game changer with git lite fill. I took about 20% of the fill out of it and it's been a great bag for multiple uses
That’s a good bag and versatile.