Rifle shooting fundamentals

Snipers hide online training and modern day sniper and Phillip Velayo youtube accounts are the most helpful ive found.

Another trick if you have trouble holding steady on a target is to either come down on it or come up on it. That way with practice you can time the squeeze to when you arrive at your target. A big issue initially is just shooting until you develop a system that works for you.

Another practice that has helped me acquire a target quickly is a double paddle metal 22 target. That way I can alternate shooting the paddles until I get them both spinning.

Fit and familiarity with your weapons are critical components to success.

Ignore some of the marketing comments...The information is good stuff.

Didn't watch but looks like he takes a different approach to natural point of aim and getting square behind the rifle from prone than Galli and the MDS guys?

Ernie

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't watch but looks like he takes a different approach to natural point of aim and getting square behind the rifle from prone than Galli and the MDS guys?
Watch the video and then you will know for sure.
There is more than one way to skin the cat for sure.
Getting the fundamentals down good, and then continuing to practice is so important.
Yesterday while shooting at a small unsuspecting rock at 773 yards, positioned on a slight downhill, while shooting uphill (awkward position), I pulled a stupid, and forgot to check my level...shot went low/right. The past two days is the most I had shot since last June, and it showed it's ugly head. Fixed my cant problem and hit that small rock.
Although embarrassing, it is good to work out those mistakes now in practice.
That rock didn't even move at the low/right shot...Stayed right there!😇

OP
B

Bugaboo

FNG
I absolutely hate the way this guy talks
I listened to a few Podcasts of him, and being that he’s a gunwriter I understand where it’s coming from. But he sounds exactly like somebody would try to write something and make it sound fancy. Informal stuff, but hard to listen to

Reactions: BLJ

ROKnROAL

FNG
I listened to a few Podcasts of him, and being that he’s a gunwriter I understand where it’s coming from. But he sounds exactly like somebody would try to write something and make it sound fancy. Informal stuff, but hard to listen to
It’s more so his voice for me. He sounds like the dude from Pet Semetary with a cold

Learn to establish as many “points of contact” as possible for practical field hunting.

My dad taught me this years ago.

He wasn’t wrong as I am dead steady when I draw down on an animal and (knock on wood) rarely, and I mean very rarely, miss.

I don’t shoot over 400 yards either, so that helps a lot….

Rich M

WKR
I sure as anything ran around in the woods shooting stuff with a .22. We had a big pine tree that fell over - say 30-inch tree - I shot thru that in a couple of years and it actually stood up on the root ball.

Buy a couple of bricks (500-packs) of .22 ammo and shoot your barrel off. Have fun - try diff things. Shoot as far as you can comfortably hit well. Figure 100-150 feet, you can move forward or back as necessary.

As a kid I shot .22 by the bucket loads - plink, bullzeyes, soda cans, water bottles, moving targets, everything and anything.

After you've shot 1,000 rounds, start shooting small stuff at 100-200 feet - 1-inch bullzeyes, coins, stuff like that for 500-1,000 rounds.

Then start shooting 5-10 string groups on small paper targets at 100-200 feet and see what you get. You can join a league at this point.

Then see about playing with the 30-06. Wear good hearing protection, take a towel and fold it, use that against your shoulder.