Seekins Havak PH 2 Barrel replacement

Doddse1

FNG
Anyone on here had experience changing the barrel on a Seekins havak PHII? switching my 308 barrel out. DM me if you have any insight. based on my research it seems a little more to it than screwing the old barrel off and sliding the new barrel on and torquing it to spec. TIA

Last edited:
Have you called / emailed them? I’ve heard good things on their responsiveness (my rifle is on its way back from them now for an accessory install). Haven’t tested the tech line myself though.

i did and they responded but did not recommend i do it myself. I may send it in but if anyone here had first hand experience id much rather do it

Anyone on here had experience changing the barrel on a Seekins havak PHII? switching my 308 barrel out. DM me if you have any insight. based on my research it seems a little more to it than screwing the old barrel off and sliding the new barrel on and torquing it to spec. TIA
I just finished replacing the barrel in Havak 6.5PRC with a Benchmark Carbon. Being a 700 clone, it was pretty straightforward after the machine work, the only thing I had to do was open the barrel channel in the stock to fit the Sendero carbon barrel.

Isn’t one of the selling points of buying a Seekins that they will replace your barrel for $500 when you shoot it out? Seems like something to take advantage of.

-J

Isn’t one of the selling points of buying a Seekins that they will replace your barrel for $500 when you shoot it out? Seems like something to take advantage of.

-J
Agree, unless they don’t offer the config you want. For example, it’s been reported they only offer contours/lengths that come on their factory rifles unless you order a full custom. So if you want it shorter or say you don’t want your 6 creed to have an 8 twist or your 300 PRC to be 10 twist, you'd need to go aftermarket.

Last edited:
Regarding the barrel exchange service at Seekins, I called today to set up an appointment for a 6mm Creedmore Havak PH2 I ordered. It’s $550 even but unfortunately Seekins has discontinued the 6mm Creedmoor Havak Element and is no longer offering 21” 6mm Creedmoor barrels..

Regarding the barrel exchange service at Seekins, I called today to set up an appointment for a 6mm Creedmore Havak PH2 I ordered. It’s $550 even but unfortunately Seekins has discontinued the 6mm Creedmoor Havak Element and is no longer offering 21” 6mm Creedmoor barrels..
What length barrel do they offer for 6 creed? Or did they just discontinue it altogether?
I have a havak ph2 I was wanting to swap the barrel on if possible

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

What length barrel do they offer for 6 creed? Or did they just discontinue it altogether?
I have a havak ph2 I was wanting to swap the barrel on if possible

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Discontinued it altogether. It’s unfortunate. The 6 Creeds seem to be vanishing from the factory hunting rifle lines the past year…

Should cost about $575 total. You call and get issued an RMA# then you box up the rifle and attached the shipping label they send you. They change barrel, check it and ship it back

I wanna say it was about 10 business days on turn around(shipping days included)

Should cost about $575 total. You call and get issued an RMA# then you box up the rifle and attached the shipping label they send you. They change barrel, check it and ship it back

I wanna say it was about 10 business days on turn around(shipping days included)

Had a PH2 rebarreled recently - took maybe 2-3 weeks and cost $550. I went to a 22” 7 PRC and it is the element barrel profile FYI - so you loose a little weight and bulk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Discontinued it altogether. It’s unfortunate. The 6 Creeds seem to be vanishing from the factory hunting rifle lines the past year…
Is that just for the PH2, or across all platforms. I was planning on getting a hit in 6mm for my daughter.

That really really sucks. Thier barrel replacement service in 6cm is why I decided to buy the element for my kid.

Now when i rebarrel next year she won’t be able to shoot the element in NRL factory division.

Yea that sucks, 6cm was the best option for shootability on that light platform. I don’t want a 5.5lb magnum.

May be worth shooting them an email and voicing interest. Maybe if enough of us complain, they’ll run a batch of 21” barrels for us..

That really really sucks. Thier barrel replacement service in 6cm is why I decided to buy the element for my kid.

Now when i rebarrel next year she won’t be able to shoot the element in NRL factory division.
The 21” 6mm Creed barrel is the barrel they discontinued. I believe you can still get the longer barrels in 6mm Creed such as those run in the PH2 and Hit

Back