Sig sauer "cross"

A-freakin-men. The Sig gun is just a Fix knockoff. I love Sig stuff but this is a pretty blatant copy and a lame move. For those of you that think KB is a cocky douchebag, that might be true, but not without reason or the experience to back it up. Listen to his podcast and his experiences working through the gun industry. A lot of the things Q puts out are indeed truly innovative. Like the trigger on the Fix - genius. Little details you wouldn't even think matter were designed in such a way that matter and increase functionality. That engineering is why it's over 3 grand.

Whatever. Have you ever run a fix? The bolt is and throw is retarded. So is running ar10 mags in a bolt gun.

Screen shot this from snipershide:

D1B15EB2-092B-4ADA-A002-350419188720.jpeg

Last edited:

Afhunter1

WKR
I wonder if they will use this new case design with the creed and 308 next to up the performance of them I n this rifle. If it can handle the pressure they are running that 277 at I wonder what you could get the creed to.

I hear the 277 is 3k in 16” with a 140. Sweet!

mt100gr.

WKR
....on further research, these are becoming even more interesting. ...

Anyone know what barrels Sig might be using in these? Profile?

Has anyone come across any close-up pics of the action/lower/receiver?

@jordanbudd what can you tell us about the accuracy and bolt manipulation of the one you got hands on?

Thanks

Afhunter1

WKR
I will be in line for one. A 277 in fusion but if that steel/brass case could get a 143eldx creed to 2800 in the 18” I’d change to that in a min.

I’ve always wanted a chassis gun but just never got one. I was gonna get a MPR and I’m really glad I didn’t gamble on one of them yet.

I think there is a pretty strong market for “tacticool” hunting rifles that isn’t well met. True tactical rifles are too heavy to haul around unless you are in an extremely anti-social situation but there is a good amount of fanboys that would eat something like this up, including me.

I shot and loved sig pistols for a long time. It seems like their QC got a little off for a while and they were issuing 40 different versions of the 226 with everything from Navy seal to sponge Bob badging. I’ve been very impressed impressed with their recent offerings. The m17 win is huge. The 365 is a sweet EDC gun. Every one of their semi auto rifles I have handled are sweet shooters. I got ahold of one of their little rattlers in 300 blk with a suppressor on it and it was so cool it made me want to “break bad” and go rob a bank or something. Heck, I am even in love with my kilo range finder.

A 6.5 # chassis gun with a side folder and 1/2 Moa accuracy is pretty impressive. Certainly makes my wallet itchy.

bobinmi

WKR
A-freakin-men. The Sig gun is just a Fix knockoff. I love Sig stuff but this is a pretty blatant copy and a lame move. For those of you that think KB is a cocky douchebag, that might be true, but not without reason or the experience to back it up. Listen to his podcast and his experiences working through the gun industry. A lot of the things Q puts out are indeed truly innovative. Like the trigger on the Fix - genius. Little details you wouldn't even think matter were designed in such a way that matter and increase functionality. That engineering is why it's over 3 grand.

Scuttlebut is that this has been a prototype at sig for a while and brittingham just rushed it to market in front of them. Personally Id way rather run the AICS mags in a bolt gun than the SR25 mags that the fix uses. It would allow you to expand the COAL.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I wonder how long term product support will be. I still remember when sig made the ssg3000 rifles affordable. Everybody bought them (including me). Even wal mart was selling them, then they discontinued them and no product support, no parts, no service, no magazines....

fwafwow

WKR
Here's an article on the rifle, including some info on the Sig 277 - https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...tm_campaign=/digest/277-sig-fury-demystified/ . FWIW: "With high pressures and special powders, the barrels have got to be wearing out like crazy, right? Testing is still being conducted on barrel life, and most of the focus has been on the full-auto belt-fed machine gun barrels SIG is pitching to the military. They have done lots of testing on the bolt guns, too, but SIG isn’t ready to release numbers quite yet. They told us the preliminary numbers, though, and we had to ask again to clarify because it didn’t sound possible. We can say that with specific barrel coatings the barrel life with the .277 SIG Fury is better than the speculation in the forums and better than you’re imagining. Way better than you’re imagining. Can’t wait for SIG to finish testing and release the final numbers."

Sorry, as much time as I spend on RS, I'm afraid I've never heard of Q, The Fix, or Q's podcast. Anyone mind cluing me in? I found the company website, but there seems to be more going on here (and I'm fine with being pointed to other threads.)

@Jordan Budd - +1 for your take on the rifle and/or 277 Sig.

wesfromky

WKR
I wonder how long term product support will be. I still remember when sig made the ssg3000 rifles affordable. Everybody bought them (including me). Even wal mart was selling them, then they discontinued them and no product support, no parts, no service, no magazines....

As a former owner of a 556xi, I can relate to this.

I love the concept of they'll have barrels available, and interchangeable bolt faces. The 277 is stupid. Absolutely the worst caliber to build on. All the great 6,6.5and 7mm bullets on the market and they went 277 They must be some no-shooting no-loading bums to think that was a good idea.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

KClark

WKR
Actually they developed the 277 because that is what the US Army contract called for. They do see the folly in it and plan to offer the case in 6.5 and 7mm in the future.

hodgeman

WKR
The reason they're putting out the .277 first is that there isn't an existing short action .277 (that isn't a wildcat).

Release hybrid ammo in .308 or 6.5 and you'll sell a box of ammo... release a new cartridge and sell the ammo AND a rifle.

TTurboEE

FNG
Cant wait to get my hands on one of these! Preferably in fusion and in .277 sig if the caliber truly lives up to thier claims, sounds like a pretty decent set up to me. Interested to see what other barrel options/ calibers and so forth they will be offering down the road. Definitely got my attention

Sig just released there new rifle the "cross". Light weight bolt action folding chassis rig. I believe Cory on elk101 had a prototype on a few of their episodes. Ive been considering getting a form of a chassis style rifle as I don't currently have one. Longer range gun with hunting at times but I have a few carbon/carbon long range setups that are hard to beat. This one looks good on paper. Light weight 6.5 lbs and shelf price of $1600. Since im not sure if its my style it maybe better then shelling out 2500-3000 for a custom for setup? Anyone else see this? What's your thoughts? There are a few prototype reviews out there...

Corey didn’t do them any favors with his shooting and subsequent blaming it on the technology 😄