Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
bd2dc4f85f0fea6f58acdabd515aa8a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I’m not gonna lie, I expected much better.

I think it will do better. It was about a 20 mph crosswind, look at the ribbon on the tripod, plus the Sig scope has an inch wide crosshair. Defiantly not my best work.

The speed is slower than expected.

Last edited:
You mentioned 140 grain Elite Hunters. Thats a 6.5 bullet isnt it? If so, are you shooting Creedmoor in the steel based cases or is this bullet a 277 Fury with a bullet that isnt out yet?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
You mentioned 140 grain Elite Hunters. Thats a 6.5 bullet isnt it? If so, are you shooting Creedmoor in the steel based cases or is this bullet a 277 Fury with a bullet that isnt out yet?

It’s the .277 Fury

frankrb3

WKR
A lot of people on here calling the sig cross a chassis gun. It’s not. It’s built around a one piece receiver that everything else it bolted to. I like how it carries over a lot of attributes from an AR15 (grip, safety, dust cover). I think sig did an excellent job designing this gun and I hope it to hear unbiased reviews as people get their hands on them so I can make an informed decision as to whether or not I should buy one.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
A lot of people on here calling the sig cross a chassis gun. It’s not. It’s built around a one piece receiver that everything else it bolted to. I like how it carries over a lot of attributes from an AR15 (grip, safety, dust cover). I think sig did an excellent job designing this gun and I hope it to hear unbiased reviews as people get their hands on them so I can make an informed decision as to whether or not I should buy one.

I can tell you I’m not overly impressed with the build quality of the rifle. I will do a video on it after I see how it does on the range at distance.

I agree it’s not a true chassis but it’s close enough in form and function.

Last edited:

frankrb3

WKR
I can tell you I’m not overly impressed the build quality of the rifle. I will do a video on it after is see how it does on the range at distance.

I look forward to the review.

I can tell you I’m not overly impressed with the build quality of the rifle.

Looking forward to the review. I wonder if the build quality is “unrefined” but “functionally adequate” like a Tikka or just good old fashioned “cheap crap” like the last Remington 870 I bought.

Bebtawki

FNG
I can tell you I’m not overly impressed with the build quality of the rifle. I will do a video on it after I see how it does on the range at distance.

Any update on the Cross?

Slappy

FNG
The Sig Cross is in stock at my local Cabela’s. It looks like the 308s Shipped to distributors first. Anyone pick one up yet? I was tempted to make the hour drive to check it out... however I keep telling myself to pass on the first gen to see how it shakes out. It would be fun to try out this hunting season though...

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Sig Cross is in stock at my local Cabela’s. It looks like the 308s Shipped to distributors first. Anyone pick one up yet? I was tempted to make the hour drive to check it out... however I keep telling myself to pass on the first gen to see how it shakes out. It would be fun to try out this hunting season though...

My production model should be in late this week, early next week. I'll keep this thread up to date once I get it!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
What is the chassis on the top?

Arwhite90

FNG
Are the .277's not coming out at the same time as the other rifles? I know initially they were announced all together but have seen rumors since then that the .277 will be delayed. I have only seen .308's listed as in stock, additionally I have seen it listed that the .308's are now coming with an 18" barrel?(which would be an improvement in my opinion from the originally listed 16") Has anyone had a chance to handle on of the production models yet?