Suppressor questions

gabenzeke

WKR
I'm looking at the dead air nomad ti and tbac ultra 9. Right now, I have a 300 rum and an AR 15 that I don't use heavily. But I'm planning on building a 7-300 win mag. My questions are which is best? Does one reduce recoil more than the other? I hear the "tone" of the dead air is better, but is it better enough to justify buying that over the tbac? Sucks that these are such a pain to buy, or I'd just get both. But since I'm stuck for life, I really want to make the right choice here. Hoping there are people with experience with both.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

smith406

FNG
Buying two is no bigger pain than buying one. If you’re already thinking you would buy both do it! Swapping a can between rifles sucks.

I have found with suppressors tone not only changes can to can but rifle to rifle to rifle and even round to round.. personally I wouldn't waste my time on anything you have to purchase with a Form4 and go the Form1 route. Do your research and build it for a fraction the cost with either same or better performance..if you don't like the way your build turns out you can send yours off and have it re-cord for a small fee. Form1's only take around 30days to get back vs a Form 4 that your waiting a year for. The suppressor I built for my 7mag cost a total of around $600 and only weights 14oz.

Can’t speak for the dead air but the tbac ultra series is awesome. Bought a ultra 7 and immediately after using bought an ultra 5 for my backpack gun. You won’t be disappointed.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Dead air is great, TBAC is nice too. I personally can’t tel the difference in sound so I see no reason to go on the search for a TBAC, I was able to order the nomad ti quite easily.

I have found with suppressors tone not only changes can to can but rifle to rifle to rifle and even round to round.. personally I wouldn't waste my time on anything you have to purchase with a Form4 and go the Form1 route. Do your research and build it for a fraction the cost with either same or better performance..if you don't like the way your build turns out you can send yours off and have it re-cord for a small fee. Form1's only take around 30days to get back vs a Form 4 that your waiting a year for. The suppressor I built for my 7mag cost a total of around $600 and only weights 14oz.
I just did a form 1 and i got the stamp back in 12 days after submitting my app👍 i did a titanium jk armament one so it wasnt cheap but i got it quick and i like the fact that its modular

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
Dead air is great, TBAC is nice too. I personally can’t tel the difference in sound so I see no reason to go on the search for a TBAC, I was able to order the nomad ti quite easily.
Gun shop near me has both in stock. Not sure if that changes anyone's opinions though.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Gun shop near me has both in stock. Not sure if that changes anyone's opinions though.

When I was buying I couldn’t find a TBAC in stock anywhere, I couldn’t tell a difference between the 2 when I was able to try my friends side by side (he actually had like 7 supressors), and I’m not trying to geek out on decibels and stuff so I was more than happy enough to buy a nomad Ti and then order a banish 30. For my uses the TBAC won’t do anything those won’t so I didn’t bother waiting and looking for one. If one had been readily available to get the process started on, I’d probably have bought it.

B23

WKR
TBAC Gen 2 Ultra's are as good as it gets and pretty much what everyone compares themselves to, they're the gold standard. That's not to say others don't make a very good can but the fine folks are TBAC specialize in making the very best, quietest, lightest, and most accurate rifle cans you can buy.

I like Dead Air cans my pistol can is a DA Ghost and it is great but if I was in the market for a new rifle suppressor and was standing at a counter where every single can was in stock and available I would purchase a TBAC Gen2 Ultra every single time.

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
Well sell a ton of the Nomad-Ti at our store. It really is a great option and next on my list to purchase. I've been toting around a heavy Sandman-S for a year now and am ready to upgrade to something lighter & quieter for bolt guns

Mhahn2

Lil-Rokslider
I’m waiting on my nomad ti to get out of jail I’m wanting to sell some binos for ultra 7 or 9.

Everybody wants to talk about tone, weight, ect with cans. I feel like a lot of folks ignore barrel length, I did it. Built up rm700 300 win mag...it was going to be my setup...until I put a 7ish" can, rugged radiant, on 26" barrel...yikes, felt like I was hunting with a KY long rifle... Sure you can cut the barrel down but them you loose speed. Went to 18" .308 with 7ish" can and its perfect...not too long, not too short and the TI can puts just enough weight upfront to make it easy to shoot out to 500yds.

texjitter

Lil-Rokslider
Everybody wants to talk about tone, weight, ect with cans. I feel like a lot of folks ignore barrel length, I did it. Built up rm700 300 win mag...it was going to be my setup...until I put a 7ish" can, rugged radiant, on 26" barrel...yikes, felt like I was hunting with a KY long rifle... Sure you can cut the barrel down but them you loose speed. Went to 18" .308 with 7ish" can and its perfect...not too long, not too short and the TI can puts just enough weight upfront to make it easy to shoot out to 500yds.
Yup, same reason I had this 26” M70 7Mag cut down to 20” 😬

Attachments

• 2CA1F807-724A-4E4F-A11C-2087AD3AEF5A.jpeg
    2CA1F807-724A-4E4F-A11C-2087AD3AEF5A.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 69

ID_Matt

WKR
With a bigger cartridge like a RUM, I would think a longer can will do better in terms of reducing sound and recoil.

Yup, same reason I had this 26” M70 7Mag cut down to 20” 😬
Don't have any 7mags...curious how much velocity you lost in those 6"...any idea? I really wanted a 280AI but you loose a lot of the benefits of that cartridge when you chop it down to 18".

archp625

WKR
Just a thought. I went round and round on this about a month ago. I went with the SilencerCo Omega 300. It’s been around a long time and gets really good reviews. Especially for a hunting can.

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
Length isn't a huge issue. I'm putting a folding stock on the rum to make up for it and the rifle I'm building will have a short barrel.

I have a gen 1 ultra 9. Never been around a nomad ti, but I love my u9. Looking back, I might have gone with the 7, but I have no regrets.

Hthunter

FNG
I recently ordered a gen 2 TBAC ultra 7. After trying one on my 24” barreled 300wsm it felt perfect. Wasn’t “too” long and balances much better than my dead air sandman TI. Can’t wait to get it in my hands. I’ll be moving my sandman TI to ar 300 bo pistol.