Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyboe

WKR
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"...Mike Tyson

Since you’re an expert, what do you suggest Buzz?

Why do you always need to be a knob, especially on a topic you are not trained in. Or is active shooter response part of your biology degree?

Was that Penn State where every person in the class sat/stood in line and waited to be executed? I don’t expect a child to do it, but every teen and adult needs to be programmed to fight or run. Simple as that. Freeze and you die. If you barricade, you’d better had a plan to protect yourself if the bad dude gets in.

NB7

WKR
How much trouble do you think they would have had busting down the door if there was a kid smoking a joint in there instead?
Annnnndddd....as if you weren't making it clear enough already that you're just here to be a troll, you properly solidified yourself with that comment.
I'll give you the internet win.
Something I remember being told about wrestling and getting muddy.....

Why do you always need to be a knob, especially on a topic you are not trained in. Or is active shooter response part of your biology degree?

Was that Penn State where every person in the class sat/stood in line and waited to be executed? I don’t expect a child to do it, but every teen and adult needs to be programmed to fight or run. Simple as that. Freeze and you die. If you barricade, you’d better had a plan to protect yourself if the bad dude gets in.
He’s another do nothing liberal. Wanna know what he suggests, nothing. Build more caskets and get used to it.

norcan

FNG
@NB7
I think you know the answer to how difficult it would have been to break in the door in that case, then. 🤔

WCB

WKR
I bet the classroom had windows......see thru/shoot thru windows. But that would not be as safe as waiting for someone else to do it....bp tac team got a key (I hear) and I would think local pd and/or sro would have a master key for the door.

What, classrooms don’t have windows anymore?
Actually youd be surprised. My wife is a 5th grade teacher and her classroom doesnt have windows or secondary exit. Ot was actually the first thing I noticed amd commented on 2 yrs ago when she moved to that room and I helped her. I told her to refuse to teach in it going forward unless another exit is provided. Any interior classroom wouldnt. I know every school I have attended besides my elementary schoom had multiple classrooms without windows.

BuzzH

WKR

Back up...

I'm not the tuffie claiming, that while being shot at by an AR, I'd just bum rush the shooter and take him down.

It's easy to say what you'd do when you're in an easy chair at a desk pounding on a keyboard. Reality is, it's all tough talk, you don't know.

Little different when you're actually there...and Tyson has it 100% correct.

Back up...

I'm not the tuffie claiming, that while being shot at by an AR, I'd just bum rush the shooter and take him down.

It's easy to say what you'd do when you're in an easy chair at a desk pounding on a keyboard. Reality is, it's all tough talk, you don't know.

Little different when you're actually there...and Tyson has it 100% correct.
Fact is none of us know what we’d do. But if you were armed, would you just sit there while he continues to bust kids. That’s essentially what the officers did, training and all. I can’t fathom that I’d just wait on someone else while I sat on my hands. Especially if my kids were in there.

Actually youd be surprised. My wife is a 5th grade teacher and her classroom doesnt have windows or secondary exit. Ot was actually the first thing I noticed amd commented on 2 yrs ago when she moved to that room and I helped her. I told her to refuse to teach in it going forward unless another exit is provided. Any interior classroom wouldnt. I know every school I have attended besides my elementary schoom had multiple classrooms without windows.
my wife's HS classroom has no windows and I agree, she should refuse to teach in there.

Reactions: WCB
Fact is none of us know what we’d do. But if you were armed, would you just sit there while he continues to bust kids. That’s essentially what the officers did, training and all. I can’t fathom that I’d just wait on someone else while I sat on my hands. Especially if my kids were in there.
Actually, you don't know how they were trained. They might have actually been trained to wait for backup - in the form of more well trained and equipped officers.

It's not uncommon for small town PD's to be trained to wait for big city or federal officers before they go in on an active shooter.

The only thing to look for here is whether they followed their training. Unless you know that, you are just criticizing people without knowing all the facts.

norcan

FNG
Yeah how dare anyone criticize the police based on their actual actions and decisions? Maybe tackling and pepper-spraying those parents was just part of their training.

OK what would you do? Would you kick in and outward swinging metal frame door? Would you tear the door off the hinges with your bare hands? Would you fire your rifle into the door lock in an attempt to disable the lock, Is there a possibility he has a kid stacked against the door? It’s been done. Would you Repel off the roof and through the glass windows like they do in the movies? Would you just do a flying header through the window and ninja roll into the room and then make the perfect headshot before he canoes your head?
Which one?
Because I’ll tell you this if I was the shooter and I heard somebody forcing the door open and pumping around through it. And you would be dead. Now what?

rodney482

WKR
Had the school been locked and classroom been locked…

Plenty of blame to go around it seems.

Im also hearing there was no SRO. Smh

Furthermore. If I’m the shooter once I’m in there and have the door secured I’m closing the blinds or curtains if they have them, most do . So now you don’t know where I’m at in the room and you can’t look through the windows you bust the glass trying to get in I fire at that window. Keeping you pinned back. Because you cannot fire indiscriminately into the room.
You gonna throw a stun Grenade in? How about a tear gas? Three banger?

Bobbyboe

WKR
Actually, you don't know how they were trained. They might have actually been trained to wait for backup - in the form of more well trained and equipped officers.

It's not uncommon for small town PD's to be trained to wait for big city or federal officers before they go in on an active shooter.

The only thing to look for here is whether they followed their training. Unless you know that, you are just criticizing people without knowing all the facts.
Training across the country changed after Columbine. It would have to be a pretty inept department to not be up to date with direct to threat training. Now, we don’t know all the facts, but one scenario that might change response is a hostage situation without active shooting. Might…. Like I said, I’ll reserve my final judgment until I see all the facts. Makes my stomach turn either way.

jimh406

WKR
It doesn't sound like the local law enforcement even had anyone inside the building. It seems to me that just occupying the hallways would have been enough to stop him from going to a different classroom. Also, it is possible there were kids that could have been saved if they had gotten medical attention. Like many people, I can't imagine standing outside and preventing others from going in who wanted to. That is not a job that I'd want. You have wonder if they would have had the same response if their loved ones were inside.

But, like others have said, we'll know more over the coming days.

Training across the country changed after Columbine. It would have to be a pretty inept department to not be up to date with direct to threat training. Now, we don’t know all the facts, but one scenario that might change response is a hostage situation without active shooting. Might…. Like I said, I’ll reserve my final judgment until I see all the facts. Makes my stomach turn either way.
To be fair, Uvalde is a little shit rundown town who's resources are heavily stretched due to the influx of illegals nearby so they may actually be that inept in training and resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.