The do it all self-defense pistol

I need a gen5 g19, I saw today that the g29
Gen5 is out now.

I have a G20.5 MOS. It’s considerably chunkier than a G19 and the risk of over penetration with 10mm also make it less than ideal for an all around carry gun.

I carry my 43X MOS and 48 MOS the most. I don’t think I’ve carried a 19 more than twice since getting them, in fact I had 3 G19.5 MOS’s and sold two of them after I got the 43X and 48 and bought a second 48. I’ve never carried my G20.5.

I have a G20.5 MOS. It’s considerably chunkier than a G19 and the risk of over penetration with 10mm also make it less than ideal for an all around carry gun.

I carry my 43X MOS and 48 MOS the most. I don’t think I’ve carried a 19 more than twice since getting them, in fact I had 3 G19.5 MOS’s and sold two of them after I got the 43X and 48 and bought a second 48. I’ve never carried my G20.5.
43x vs 48 . Likes , dislikes one over the other ? I am aware of the 48 longer barrel/ slide . Any noticeable difference carrying in different positions ? Shootability ? Thanks

43x vs 48 . Likes , dislikes one over the other ? I am aware of the 48 longer barrel/ slide . Any noticeable difference carrying in different positions ? Shootability ? Thanks

I honestly wouldn’t want to not have both so I’m probably not the best to ask one vs the other. All have RMSW’s and the 48’s also have TLR-7A’s. I like to appendix carry and the 48 and my junk don’t get along as well, but put a light on the 43X and it’s the same deal.

I like how tiny and light the 43X is even with the dot. I carry it mostly just in a raven vanguard clip and it’s very comfortable and basically just disappears but isn’t anywhere near as solid and non floppy as the 48 in a tenicor is also appendix. The 48 is a bit more shootable without the light and considerably more with the light.

I guess if I could only have one of them and it was strictly a carry piece it would be the 43X. I can definitely tell you that if one went missing I’d miss the 43X more since I carry it the most.

Carried one 1911 or another for many years. It got to the point where I hated the weight and bulk so was leaving them home. You'll want a gun that you can shoot well and don't mind carrying. The latter idea is that it will always go with you. I bought a Glock 19 a little over 20 years ago that fits those requirements for me. The modern defense ammo that is available now makes it fairly potent.

kpk

WKR
I'll never understand why Sig doesn't offer the 365 with the XL slide & shorter, standard frame. I had to build one for myself & somebody is going to have to get reeeeal inventive to persuade me there's a better carry option.

I put the X Macro comp slide with a Holosun on a Wilson Combat XL grip module. It's near perfection for me. The smaller grip would be even easier to CC.

Just picked this bundle up from academy. Optic ready , 2 15 rd mags and 2 23 rd mags. Came with the cool bag so the ol lady was totally on board

Attachments

• 20240121_161912.jpg
    20240121_161912.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 49
I have both. I carry the 43x in 48 length holsters to help keep the grip in, and at 5’9” I don’t find the 48 length to be too long at appendix.

Subjectively, the 48 shoots a bit softer than the 43x. Little less muzzle rise as well.

Objectively, I’ve put them against each other through many drills on the timer over hundreds of rounds and there is, for me, exactly zero quantifiable difference in times. However, I am slightly more accurate with the 43x. This is with the same red dot on both slides and using the same lower to control for trigger, etc. I don’t know why, but it’s been repeated on many, many range outings. That’s me though.

State48

FNG
12 Guage 00 buck better than any pistol especially if you have to shoot in the dark. Point and pull the trigger 😂

I have g20,g19,g45,43x and p365x.
I like the capacity of the sig but thats it.I have researched to death and no matter what I will have a spare mag.
I just trust the g43x better and it feels better.
I’m not using aftermarket mags and how I see it and the stats prove that the 10 round mag is plenty.
If 10 isn’t enough than 12 or 15 probably isn’t as well.
I’m debuting selling the sig just to keep the same platform.

Beendare

WKR
You Glock guys what pushed you towards the 19 vs 43x for a carry weapon ? Obviously more rounds . Was at a gun shop the other day and quite surprised picking up a 43x how much i liked it
Some of us live in CA- We can't get a G43

The G43 is more concealable.....but as a lefty, I like the ambi controls on the G19 gen 5

I recently started daily carrying (3 months now) a glock 48 w/pmm micro comp I recently started daily carrying (3 months now) a glock 48 w/pmm micro comp I recently started daily carrying (3 months now) a glock 48 w/pmm micro comp I recently started daily carrying (3 months now) a glock 48 w/pmm micro comp and holosun eps carry. Its been phenomenalg48.jpg

Only one? I would pack my SBH 5-1/2 inch .44, and to hell with hiding it. Just live where I don’t need to. Whatever put me down to one pistol pribably did away with much concern about CC anyway. I can hit a clay bird on the 100 yard berm reliably with it, and once you learn how to run a single action, there are damn few things six rounds of .44 won’t solve in close. If I had to go to just one, that one would work just fine, and most importantly, always work, and keep working. No magazine to lose, brass management is easy, and wheelweights become bullets quite easily. Worst case, cast bullets and black powder could do the job just fine.