Vortex dump

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
After my bear hunt next month I’m most likely going to dump 90% of my vortex and switch to leupold. What made me want to do this is the razor hd, viper and diamondback are all made in China now. Use to be Japan and Philippines. The diamondback on my Winchester is a solid scope 4-16x42 and parallax adjustable. The ones made now feel cheap and less features. What made me always use vortex was the warranty and customer service. The reason I’m going Leupy is cause I do get a hefty discount. Am I being irrational?

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
What made me want to do this is the razor hd, viper and diamondback are all made in China now. Use to be Japan and Philippines. The diamondback on my Winchester is a solid scope 4-16x42 and parallax adjustable.

Please show me a pic of a Razor, Viper and Diamondback (other than the DB Tactical FFP model) scopes made in China.

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Please show me a pic of a Razor, Viper and Diamondback (other than the DB Tactical FFP model) scopes made in China.
My gen 1 razor spotter made in China. Had a sticker on the tripod mount.
Razor hd binos are made in China now (still 1000 bucks tho) UHD made in japan
Diamondback line of everything is def made in china. Buddy bought one last year.
If they make the razor bino in China def gonna the vipers there

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
As much as I try to buy made in USA or at least not China, I want stuff that works with out question. Leupold failed me, I moved on. Can't recommend the scope test section on this site enough if you want to skip scope drama.
I know what ya mean. I own a lot of sitka great stuff made in China. I get a huge discount. I don’t understand how made in usa hunting gear has made such a late show in the game. Did leupold product fail or customer service failed you?

Bluumoon

WKR
Product fail, haven't bothered with customer service, it was a VX2 that I'll throw on a .22. Loss of zero without a major impact just riding around in truck. 14" difference at 400 yards. Sent me down a rabbit hole and lead to this site.

Product fail, haven't bothered with customer service, it was a VX2 that I'll throw on a .22. Loss of zero without a major impact just riding around in truck. 14" difference at 400 yards. Sent me down a rabbit hole and lead to this site.
Had a vx2 do the same thing to me, no hard impacts riding on atv rack, 6 inches right at 100.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been doing the same with my vortex scopes and only have one left. Have a Viper HST that will hopefully find a new home once my new scope shows up.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Diamondback line of everything is def made in china
WRONG, i have never seen a Diamondback scope other than the Tactical FFP line made in China. They are all made in the Philippines. The FFP models are made in China.

Seriously where do you come up with all this?

This one was just bought Aug 26th from MidwayUSA. I told the guy that Midway just got more in stock.

Last edited:
OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
WRONG, i have never seen a Diamondback scope other than the Tactical FFP line made in China. They are all made in the Philippines. The FFP models are made in China.

This one was just bought Aug 26th from MidwayUSA. I told the guy that Midway just got more in stock.
Where do I come up with this?? Because it’s facts. Why would they make the tactical line in China but not the reg diamondback and they are less of a scope! The older models were made in phillipines along w the vipers.

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider

Those are discontinued. Lucky he got one

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Where do I come up with this?? Because it’s facts. Why would they make the tactical line in China but not the reg diamondback and they are less of a scope! The older models were made in phillipines along w the vipers.
Ok I stand corrected the reg diamondbacks are made in phillipines. My buddy sent me a pic of his. The razor hd binos are made in China now.

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Pic are viper binos. If you zoom in says made in China.

Attachments

• BD6D8EBA-57D6-47DA-BD3F-3287C1F85718.png
    BD6D8EBA-57D6-47DA-BD3F-3287C1F85718.png
    731 KB · Views: 53

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Might want to check new stock on binos. I heard Razors production was moved back to Japan and Vipers back to the Philippines.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Why would they make the tactical line in China but not the reg diamondback and they are less of a scope!
Same reason the Venom and Strike Eagle are made in China but a $500 Viper is made in the Philippines.

And actually the DB HPs are a limited distribution. They have been listed like that for many years. Every year MidwayUSA gets in the 3-12 and the 4-16 for around $200 on sale.

Last edited: