Weebie jeebies

Lowg08

WKR
I was only wondering does the everything that goes bump in the night feeling ever go away on solo over night trips? Anything to combat it also?

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’ve been trying to do it more often. Planning on doing it for scouting and turkey and maybe a native trout trip this coming year. Dad says you eventually get used to it but it never goes away

KsRancher

WKR
I can't help much. Being alone in the dark doesn't bother me in the least. BUT, I have never been in grizzly country either. I would assume that would makee think a little bit. Maybe try keeping a pistol on you for peace of mind.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I don’t really get freaked out like panic run home to mommy just makes my mind wonder. I carry a pistol. I make it and stay and all but sometimes it just makes my mind wonder.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I can't help much. Being alone in the dark doesn't bother me in the least. BUT, I have never been in grizzly country either. I would assume that would makee think a little bit. Maybe try keeping a pistol on you for peace of mind.
I’m in the dark allot. It’s just the overnight and bed time where I here it. I work for the power company so walking around in the dark alone is part of it. Just sleepy time I guess

Howiemoth

Lil-Rokslider
Hey I was young : ) ... Bow season super full moon just after sunset in the tree stand snow on the ground family owned farm. Always waited to get down longer than needed. This evening you could almost read a book the moon was so bright. Just about the time I decided to desend cruinching coming down the hill ended up very close. As soon as I heard it coming my way I thought it's so light against the snow I could do this. 45 mins later finally give up trying to see it, out comes the mag light. Laughed at myself all the way back to the Jeep.

Attachments

• 368_550x550_Front_Color-White.jpg
    368_550x550_Front_Color-White.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

KsRancher

WKR
I’m in the dark allot. It’s just the overnight and bed time where I here it. I work for the power company so walking around in the dark alone is part of it. Just sleepy time I guess
I can't help on the sleep thing. I am usually asleep in mere minutes no matter where I am. Try setting up a tent by your vehicle and sleeping there, then work your way farther and farther from it as you go.

Last edited:
I’ve been solo camping/hunting since I was 14 or 15, you just have to find something to think about. Probably easier said than done. Anymore I don’t worry about critters, humans on the other hand….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Yea critters don’t bother me. It’s just all in my head anyway. Whatever is left up there

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’m introverted as heck already. I’d just as soon be in the woods by myself anymore. It’s just at bed time. I haven’t tried it yet but a friend of mine says that a fire helps