What did you do in the reloading room today?

Maybe no "in" the reloading room, but "to" the reloading room. It is going to be a 15'x30' room inside my new shop. I placed the beams and ceiling in the bathroom section last night but didn't take any pictures. All of the lumber is from slow growth pine from my land. My father, brother and I milled it all into dimensional lumber.

Wish I would have put a stud half way. I spanned the whole 5 feet. Had some warpage. Also sawed all of mine as well. I am the guy who truly appreciated what you are doing. lol I had to saw all of mine and put all of mine up myself. Which really sucked. Getting everything prepped for the ceiling. Thats proving to be a really sucky job.

20221218.jpg

IMG_7859.jpg

Torque

FNG
Wish I would have put a stud half way. I spanned the whole 5 feet. Had some warpage. Also sawed all of mine as well. I am the guy who truly appreciated what you are doing. lol I had to saw all of mine and put all of mine up myself. Which really sucked. Getting everything prepped for the ceiling. Thats proving to be a really sucky job.

View attachment 675825

View attachment 675826
It looks pretty good to me! I kept all of my studs at 24" centers. There are a lot of extra studs because of the the way the frames had to be installed, but I did maintain 24" centers all the way around. Are you going to insulate and seal the room or leave it as is?

Also, how are you going to place the ceiling? I am running beams span mine to place OSB on top of.

It looks pretty good to me! I kept all of my studs at 24" centers. There are a lot of extra studs because of the the way the frames had to be installed, but I did maintain 24" centers all the way around. Are you going to insulate and seal the room or leave it as is?

Also, how are you going to place the ceiling? I am running beams span mine to place OSB on top of.

I'm not going to spend the money to insulate it. It just costs too much. The boards provide pretty good insulation 3/4".

The radiant heat in the summer months is almost unbearable in the garage. I have to do something.
I am going to put steel on the ceiling. I will make a saddle upside down "U" out of 2X2.5's to cap over the trusses so I have something easy to screw the steel up to from below. If that makes sense. I'm not fighting running metal screw into trusses while hanging upside down and I don't want to screw into those trusses and weaken them. I will start my steel ceiling at the 45's on the walls and then just sheet it across. Kind of hard to explain and an even bigger PITA to do by yourself.

I will likely put R30 in the ceiling in the reloading room. I won't have the luxury of putting a fan to clear that air out of the void. In the main garage, I might blow insulation up there one day if it's still pretty hot, but I think that void is going to capture and expel a lot of that heat out and with a couple fans it may be bearable. I will then cut a hole in that peak at the back, and I will use that "Void" between the drop ceiling and the roof to hopefully capture the heat and get it out the hole in the back via a fan.

I'll stick a few vents in the ceiling above my welding bench to hopefully expel some of the welding fumes as well and just close those when I am not welding in the winter.

Torpedo heater has the garage 70 degrees in the winter in about 3 minutes. I can run that a LOT for what insulation would cost.

It's so expensive to build a garage the way a guy wants it. I don't think a lot of guys really understand how expensive it gets in a hurry. For a simple 30X30 concrete floor shop your looking at $50,000 minimum these days. That with doing a LOT of the work yourself and that does not include finishing the inside, wiring, insulation, ect ect..

Good luck with your build. I think it looks great so far.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
After having my reloading equipment in the garage at this house for 17 years, I’m finally able to set up a bench indoors. As a result, I’m moving equipment in and getting it cleaned up.

As I moved some stuff in, I found a box I didn’t remember. Inside was both loose bagged brass in several of my flavors, including 1k LC brass in .223. But, it was the brass in several MTM boxes that had me scratching my head. I open it up when I get inside and it’s all brand new, unfired.

200 Lapua .223
100 Lapua 7.62x53r
100 Norma 6.5x55

Score!!! Don’t even remember buying it. Sucks getting old and senile lol.

OP
sierracharlie338
After having my reloading equipment in the garage at this house for 17 years, I’m finally able to set up a bench indoors. As a result, I’m moving equipment in and getting it cleaned up.

As I moved some stuff in, I found a box I didn’t remember. Inside was both loose bagged brass in several of my flavors, including 1k LC brass in .223. But, it was the brass in several MTM boxes that had me scratching my head. I open it up when I get inside and it’s all brand new, unfired.

200 Lapua .223
100 Lapua 7.62x53r
100 Norma 6.5x55

Score!!! Don’t even remember buying it. Sucks getting old and senile lol.
I know the feeling I found 1200 Amaxs I forgot I had!

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Ruger Single Six from my dad’s neighbor that he bought in 1981 and virtually never shot. I shot a few cylinders out of it to make sure it worked and I finished off a box of 6.5CM also.

When I got home, I prepped and loaded the box of 50 6.5CM.
What powder/bullet combo are you using in your CM?