What did you do today to get ready for archery season?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I shot bare shafts and fletched at 40 yards this morning just to get a feel for where these new arrows are, and the results were pretty good for such a different arrow setup than before. A minor adjustment will bring them right together. BS's were an inch left of fletched and a couple inches high. But that "high" I think was a carryover from last season, as something changed during the season and I was hitting a couple inches high with my BH's even then. That will be an easy fix. I won't adjust for the left until I shoot BH's at 60.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Shot, worked out, and 6 moles of hill hiking on Friday.

Long weekend of work.

Today shot and rebuilt my broadhead target with spray insulation. 50 yards is getting very consistent. Working on 60.

Lytro

WKR
I try to take at least 10 shots during my lunch break every day (when the weather cooperates). It's been an easy way for me to work on muscle memory while only needing 5-10 minutes out of the middle of my day.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
You've got to be careful on the hills where those moles live......you'll break an ankle in their holes, man.:ROFLMAO:

Oh, funny guy. Actually, after our latest blizzard it was muddy and slippery as heck. I used sissy sticks the whole time and was still nervous a time or two.

Definite broken ankle possibilities. 😁

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
Researching new/backup release options. Anyone ever run one of the below types that's both a finger/thumb style with a wrist strap too? Is the wrist strap just for retention and not for pulling back?

Researching new/backup release options. Anyone ever run one of the below types that's both a finger/thumb style with a wrist strap too? Is the wrist strap just for retention and not for pulling back?

Correct, just for retention. I have never shot with one personally as I feel like one of the big reasons I switched to a thumb button was to eliminate the release being attached to my wrist.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It doesn't really "help" me get ready for archery season, but I've sold four dozen arrows the last couple weeks. Still have a couple to go. But it does help me organize my bow room and focuses my attention on only a couple sets of arrows for the coming year.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Refilled my target with spray insulation and looked at my sight to see if I should make it a 4-pin versus a 7-pin. Fixed my light which really makes my 0.10 pins stick out. Got my 20X60 Spotter back from Leupold. They did a fantastic job with it.

Pulled the pin on my F-250. Sad day. Just not going to keep putting energy into it. Shopping for it's replacement. Holy cats truck prices and availability are a bit out of whack. Glad I'm getting a jump on it. The two I found this morning were gone in hours. Not really anything to do with archery, but who doesn't like 3/4 tom trucks. 😀

Hit the gym, was gonna run a mile or so on the treadmill but realized I forgot my running shoes, tried to run in my chucks I use for powerlifting but it just wasent working. Didn’t shoot today but I’ve been shooting every other day or so at 60 and 70 yards.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
7-pin sight is now a 4-pin sight.

Shot in a howling wind at 60. Good times.

Got compressor and jump pack in the mail. Gonna start wandering wild places again. Have some new areas to explore. We have had a ton of rain and snow so not sure how that's going to go.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
7-pin sight is now a 4-pin sight.

Shot in a howling wind at 60. Good times.

Got compressor and jump pack in the mail. Gonna start wandering wild places again. Have some new areas to explore. We have had a ton of rain and snow so not sure how that's going to go.
What yardages are your 4 pins set for?

ZDR

WKR
started shooting in a Monday night 3D league. Great practice as our LBS now has 56 yds indoors. Started ramping up the workout regimen as well.

Nkustan

FNG
Dialed in the new Fast Eddie sight this morning. I’m really digging the double pin so far

Reactions: ZDR