What makes a 23yo Tacoma worth $11,000?

I'm talking more like 3-4' tho.
Was in snow cat tracks but 1 hop out and I was fd.
View attachment 285760
Ya it seems like 3 feet is about max. I did fall off the side of a causeway trail this winter but luckily the winch could reach a tree. My mechanic skills are mostly limited to fixing things that can bleed. I can only tell you it was taken to a spring shop and they made one custom for it.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
I had a ’85 Jeep CJ-7. When I was out wheelin‘ only thing I ever saw out there was International‘s or Bronco. Never a Toyota.

jon_rinfret

FNG
Classified Approved
I recently went through a similar experience . I wanted a mid size truck that was easier to navigate on narrow USFS roads and the like compared to my 2017 F250. Long story short I ended up with a 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X. The way I looked at it, I saved around 8-10k up front. I put a lift, tires and a ARB front air locker on it. Still money ahead. The Toyota’s are really nice but it came down to value for me. Nissan makes a tough reliable little truck. They will both go to hard to reach areas similarly outfitted. More power in the Frontier. More aftermarket options with the Tacoma however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
All this Toyota talk has me excited, anyone want to buy a 2021 tundra crew max? I put aftermarket wheels/tires and has around 2k miles, bed topper and spray liner included..

sneaky

"DADDY"
Asking again....WHY? What makes them so special?
Because you literally can't kill one of them. It's not that hard to figure out. You can total one and guys will buy whatever parts they can. None of the Detroit Big 3 can hold a candle to their reliability.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

z987k

WKR
Every time I go to buy a truck I look at the used Toyotas first. Then I realize I can get 3 f150s for 1 Tacoma.
They're good trucks. They're not 3x as good as a Ford/Chevy. I've gotten 200k with no issues out of my last 2 trucks. At that point I'm happy to have something a crap ton newer, I don't even want another 100k.

Vandy321

WKR
Every time I go to buy a truck I look at the used Toyotas first. Then I realize I can get 3 f150s for 1 Tacoma.
They're good trucks. They're not 3x as good as a Ford/Chevy. I've gotten 200k with no issues out of my last 2 trucks. At that point I'm happy to have something a crap ton newer, I don't even want another 100k.
Exaggerating is fun...do some more!

otolith

FNG
I have a 1995 Toyota pickup with 225,000 miles. I have not had to do any major work to the engine to date and the engine still purrs when in idle. I've driven it to Alaska and the Northwest Territories. several trips to the tip of Baja, all over the Sierra Nevada, explored the Mojave over the years and traveled to a lot of the U S. This truck has been so reliable I wouldn't think of selling it. It's not much to look at and by it's looks you can tell it's travelled a lot of miles on dirt. It's not the perfect truck for all situations but I've sure gotten my moneys worth out of it. If you only plan on keeping one 5 or so years then yes I might hesitate on buying one. If you plan on keeping it 10 or more years then I'd pull the trigger and buy one.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
All this Toyota talk has me excited, anyone want to buy a 2021 tundra crew max? I put aftermarket wheels/tires and has around 2k miles, bed topper and spray liner included..
Trust me, the 5 1/2? I have is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. Shit, I’ll even deliver it!
Sure, I'll buy it. I'll give you $5k for it, but will need to inspect it upon delivery. When can you deliver it? (y)

Fatcamp

WKR
I have an 01 4runner. I think about selling it but am left with what I would replace it with.

I would like a modified Jeep but they are even more expensive and I have questions about reliability and highway speeds.

The only real thing I have done to my 4runner is replace the throttle body. I could have bought used stuff and put together a working setup but decided to buy a whole new Toyota throttle body with all the sensors. We use this truck a lot and $500 was an easy sell when our trips take so much planning and delays suck so much.

Overall, this vehicle has been more than I ever thought it would be. A lifted, off-road capable rig that I can sleep in and haul all my crap in/on that has good highway manners is something I always wanted. I would like lockers and solid front axle, but for now I'm pretty happy. A solid front bumper with a hitch for a winch is on my wish list, but the more heavy crap I bolt to it the more it gets away from what it is.

KIMG2264.JPG

I'm pretty excited to see what they do with the new Tundra. But I don't like buying first model years, so I'm 2-3 years out from really considering one.
Me too.
Except I'm trying to get to that payed off life.
I hate having a real job and hope to have everything payed off in 10 so I can just be a seasonal bumb.

Wrench

WKR
I had a ’85 Jeep CJ-7. When I was out wheelin‘ only thing I ever saw out there was International‘s or Bronco. Never a Toyota.
I have a cj7, 80series cruiser and sold my yota. Jeeps are fun, but having a heater so hot you can cook on it, fuel mileage, ability to hit a puddle at 60 without being scared, brakes that work without re-engineering, NEVER overheating, AC, somewhere to toss a dead animal.....and reliability are things that a cj can never exceed.

For the sake of argument, I've owned my cj since 1994 and it is locked on both ends with air, dual winches and a welder.... and I would still take my mostly stock 80 series if I was going on a hunt..... unless I had a taco.

Stalker69

WKR
I bought a 1981 Toyota truck for 4000.00 back in 1984 for 4000.00 dollars. I just sold it last week for 3800.00. That was the best vehicle I ever seen. My buddy’s bought trucks back at the same time and we all bet who’s would last the longest. Shoot there’s were broke down and needed repairs constantly. And they all got rid of them long long ago. In fact I don’t know how many trucks sense then most have gone through. I didn’t have the desire to invest in restoring it, and didn’t want to see it rust into the ground and so many guys are buying them up it’s crazy.