Wolf Managment Poll

What should we do with wolves in the west?

• Kill them all

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • Kill most of them

Votes: 59 59.0%
  • Keep things how they are now

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Let nature run its course

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cmeier117

WKR
I am all for letting nature run its course and here in Oregon we have lost a lot of good valuable timber to libtards wanting to save the owl so they don't log and then the beetles destroy everything and then a fire comes and it all goes to waste etc... but with that said what predators do the wolf's have besides US??? I think we need to get them out of here!!! Luckily Montana just upped their wolf tags to 3 per year and lowered the cost to $50. We should have a Rokslider hunting trip to Montana and kill as many as we can!!

This year I went hunting in NE Oregon for Elk and every other hunter we ran into had a running into with wolves in the week prior. A couple guys camped about 1/2 mile from our camp came up to camp on our second day hunting to tell us that a couple big bulls walked right through our camp while we were out hunting that morning (3miles away!!) and they shot one of them a couple hundred yards from our camp. They came to tell us where the gut pile was so we could keep an eye out for wolves. Just earlier in the week I guess a packer and his son (had his own horse but was 14-15 years old) got circled by a pack of 10+ wolves when they accidentally got close to a gut pile they didn't know about. Scared the crap out of them and the horses. These animals are ruthless and we need them gone!!!

I believe in a management program that weighs heavily on relocation.

Trap em, cage em, and haul em to central park and rodeo drive and turn em out. If the wolf lovers want em, they can have em. Encourage em to cuddle up with em too.

cmeier117

WKR
I believe in a management program that weighs heavily on relocation.

Trap em, cage em, and haul em to central park and rodeo drive and turn em out. If the wolf lovers want em, they can have em. Encourage em to cuddle up with em too.

Now that is the only reason why I would want them trapped and relocated!

T43

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't support bringing them here and think we should manage them to the original recovery numbers.

That said, for the sake of discussion. Do those of you who are opposed to them because they are "Canadian grey wolves" also feel rocky mountain elk should have never been introduced in the eastern states and do you not support the ongoing "recovery" of non native elk in those areas?

Shrek

WKR
I'm consistently against apex predators that compete with or are dangerous to humans and pro increasing prey numbers and variety. I was listening to a show about resurrecting extinct species like wooly mammoth and was thinking someone needs to bring back the Irish elk. There has to be enough dna in some old mount in some castle .

ckleeves

WKR
I'm consistently against apex predators that compete with or are dangerous to humans and pro increasing prey numbers and variety. I was listening to a show about resurrecting extinct species like wooly mammoth and was thinking someone needs to bring back the Irish elk. There has to be enough dna in some old mount in some castle .

How do you feel about mountain lions?

Shrek

WKR
I don't shed any tears for them either. I was in a deer club in south Georgia about 25 years ago that had a cougar on it. The state of Florida had released a couple of Texas cougars south of us and one made it's way up to us. We went from fantastic deer hunting where we would see upwards of 20 deer in a good sit to seeing 5 deer in a season within two years. We didn't renew the lease and moved on but it left a really bad taste of what apex predator reintroduction would mean for hunting. If there was a big red button Iike the novelty ones from office Depot that I could push and all the lions and wolves would go extinct..well...click , that was easy.

Shrek

WKR
To the point about rocky mountain elk being introduced into the eastern US. The elk are not being protected as an endangered species or forced down the states throats. Also , much of the cost has been born by private groups to provide increased hunting opportunities which is the exact opposite of the wolf reintroduction.

weaver

WKR
I didn't support bringing them here and think we should manage them to the original recovery numbers.

That said, for the sake of discussion. Do those of you who are opposed to them because they are "Canadian grey wolves" also feel rocky mountain elk should have never been introduced in the eastern states and do you not support the ongoing "recovery" of non native elk in those areas?

Elk are actually native to the eastern areas were they are be re-introduced..

ckleeves

WKR
I don't shed any tears for them either. I was in a deer club in south Georgia about 25 years ago that had a cougar on it. The state of Florida had released a couple of Texas cougars south of us and one made it's way up to us. We went from fantastic deer hunting where we would see upwards of 20 deer in a good sit to seeing 5 deer in a season within two years. We didn't renew the lease and moved on but it left a really bad taste of what apex predator reintroduction would mean for hunting. If there was a big red button Iike the novelty ones from office Depot that I could push and all the lions and wolves would go extinct..well...click , that was easy.

Wow I'm not really pro-wolf but that's a pretty extreme statement IMO. I don't really wish extinction on wolves and certainly not ever on lions.

Shrek

WKR
Wow I'm not really pro-wolf but that's a pretty extreme statement IMO. I don't really wish extinction on wolves and certainly not ever on lions.

In a perfect world where the very existence of wolves and lions is not a threat to my way of life then I would not wish extinction but this world is far from a hunters utopia and apex predators are used to limit my way of life.
I need to add that I mean hunting things I'm going to eat. I that way of thinking hunting wolves and lions isn't a real hunting opportunity but a necessary management duty.

Last edited:

ckleeves

WKR
In a perfect world where the very existence of wolves and lions is not a threat to my way of life then I would not wish extinction but this world is far from a hunters utopia and apex predators are used to limit my way of life.

I guess I don't really understand what your saying. A guy can buy more OTC (or easy draw) tags in western states than he could possible hunt in a season. Don't really see how apex predators "limit your way of life".

Like I said, I'm not really pro-wolf (especially in the lower 48) but extinction is a bit extreme.

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Shouldn't there be an option for "Smartly manage the population as all other North American Big Game Species are in the interest of conservation of all species."

Shrek

WKR
Yes there would be room in my mind to smartly manage the top predators but then the argument becomes smartly managed to what end ? Smartly managed for maximum predator population and no room for the human predator or managed for minimum top predators and plenty of room for human predation ? I know what anti hunting advocates want and to that my answer is to eliminate that possibility of the option of maximum apex predator management.

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
My bad... I hadn't read all posts and just basically regurgitated/reinvigorated an ongoing discussion.

I don't live in an area impacted by wolves, naturally my ideas are different. It seems to me that they should be managed in a capacity which favors hunters. There can be wolves and human hunters. We should be able to enjoy productive elk and deer hunting. Eradication of wolves is what led to the current conundrum of reintroduction and federal protection. Keeping our [hunters] wits about us will allow us to circumvent reliving this scenario and save our children the hassle. To encourage another eradication seems short-sighted.

The federal gov't has no place dictating management, once the wolves are established. Each state should be free to implement management as they see fit, without exterminating the wolves.