WY Antelope Draw results

Northpark

WKR
Just looked and I got lucky with that buck tag. Last year 1 point had 100% draw odds. This year 1 point got you 64% draw odds

RAU

FNG
I drew 2 doe tags and my son drew 2 doe and a special buck tag, all in 70. I'm thrilled I never applied before or hunted outside of Pennsylvania

No luck trying to draw second choice again. It seems that drawing second choice is getting harder and harder even in very marginal units.

sndmn11

WKR
Where does one find the odds from this draw? My wife and I put in as a group selecting two antelope doe tags each for a unit that was leftover last year, and didn't draw. I am wondering if applying as a group, and selecting the 2nd tag option hurt our chances.

bdan68

WKR
Where does one find the odds from this draw? My wife and I put in as a group selecting two antelope doe tags each for a unit that was leftover last year, and didn't draw. I am wondering if applying as a group, and selecting the 2nd tag option hurt our chances.

Applying as a group wouldn't have had any effect, and either would applying for two tags each. What happened is probably a decrease in tags available and an increase in application numbers.

sndmn11

WKR
Applying as a group wouldn't have had any effect, and either would applying for two tags each. What happened is probably a decrease in tags available and an increase in application numbers.

From what I can tell there was an increase in tags, unit 69. I am not complaining, I just want to see the numbers so I can learn since this is the first time trying to hunt outside of CO

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
If I'm reading right, there was a decrease in doe tags in 69. NR pool last year there were 165 and this year 105

The main difference is that there were 85 first choice applicants last year and over 1200 this year. Was my second choice, no chance

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
We got lucky. My brother and I both drew buck tags, put in separately. I had a 1 in 5 chance in the PP NR special and we both had 3 in 21 chance in the NR random special. So 4 potential tags available to us and we drew two of them...

Struck out on doe tags, odds went from 84% (IIRC) last year to like 6.5% this year

We also put in for antlerless deer tags, odds went from100% to ~11%

Thought we had a good grocery list going... I blame GoHunt

Either way I've got a buck antelope tag which is like a once in a lifetime deal in AZ. Never hunted goats, very excited!!!

Does this draw system seem overly complex Only to me? C’mon down to TX we’got too many White Tail, nusciance, vermin but tastes like squirrel.

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
I guess my wife and I will be headed west this fall with 6 tags between the two of us. She drew our first choice buck. I got our second choice. Nothing wrong with seeing a little more country I suppose.

With the huge increase in doe applicants I'm guessing many grocery stores being out of meat for a while may have caused some of that.

Northpark

WKR
Does this draw system seem overly complex Only to me? C’mon down to TX we’got too many White Tail, nusciance, vermin but tastes like squirrel.
This is why I also hunt TX every year. Well and my wife is from there so I’m headed there for Christmas anyways so I might as well kill some stuff.