2021 Montana Elk Draw

A.Grift

FNG
Back to the drawing board for me. Does anyone have any insight into what the chances are for leftover tags?

maverick

Lil-Rokslider
I totaly missed putting in for the draw. Luckily I can still get the native nonresident tag.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Riplip

WKR
Curious if anyone with 2 points that didn't draw? I struck out with 1 PP for Elk Combo.
May have been better odds this year with 0 points.....Congrats to those who drew.

Hoopwse

FNG
anyone just read the email from FWP? they said 82,384 residents and 16,650 non residents applied for elk and deer. If that was true all 16,650 NR should of gotten a tag, if they kept true to allocating 17,000 NR tags.....I'm skeptical of those numbers lol. They also said it was a 12.89 and 29.52 percent increase over last year.

I haven’t gotten an email from them yet.

If you got a tag you lose your points. I’ve never seen anything say differently... but congrats man you’re hunting!

This is not historically correct. I'm not sure what they are doing now because they change this crap frequently.

I and numerous friends have drawn released tags and kept a preference point over the past few years because we were not successful in the preference point pool. They even let me buy a PP in the summer after I was given a released tag one year (17 or 18?). I'm not sure exactly how they allocate the released tags, if it is also by 75/25 split or random.

A weird scenario that I just realized today - A hunter only wants to hunt a LE permit but not a General tag, they fail to draw a general tag in the PP pool, the LE draw is then run for folks with a general tag, I would assume said hunter is not included in the draw for the released tag if they elected to get a refund with a failure to draw a Permit (which they weren't even in the running for)? Would suck to burn PP on a released tag and not even get your name in the hat for a LE Permit if that is the desired goal.

Im booked with an outfitter for a relatively easy to draw LE permit next year. I'm worried about scenarios like the above for the first time if (when) 2 bonus points is not a guarantee next year. I would definitely not want to lose my PP on a released tag with zero opportunity to get in the Permit draw.

Drew Elk combo,never stepped foot in Montana before.Is there anywere that dosent have Grizz lol ?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
I drew a elk combo and a 900-20 tag with buying 1 point in the app. Like really this makes me 3 for 3 in MT. And 1 for 1 on a LE tag. Seems like make believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone just read the email from FWP? they said 82,384 residents and 16,650 non residents applied for elk and deer. If that was true all 16,650 NR should of gotten a tag, if they kept true to allocating 17,000 NR tags.....I'm skeptical of those numbers lol. They also said it was a 12.89 and 29.52 percent increase over last year.

If you read it close it says for PERMIT applicants, not general license applicants.