Meateater sells a controlling stake to anti-gun Democrat?

Pretty sure that once you take up arms with a terrorist organization, or as a criminal, no one gives a shit if you get shot or bombed. My oath was to defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Like someone who owns illegal guns?

Just poking. I get the same feeling, where are all these boys in uniform willing to disarm america going to come from?

I guess we could look at CA. Tons of illegally owned guns by people that would be law abiding in other states but also a lot of people that decided it wasn't worth the hassle or a felony and got rid of some guns.

EastMT

WKR
You honestly think US citizens, let me correct that US armed services members would drop bombs on thier loved ones?

6eea91934111a398202b001f40594bd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Exactly. We talked about this quite a bit when I was in the Marines. General consensus was "they've lost their effing minds if they think we're gonna disarm our own citizens". Only loons think the US military would try and enforce that. That State of Jefferson is a pretty popular sentiment in NorCal these days

sneaky

"DADDY"
Damn, Coop, just when I thought your argument couldn't get any dumber... there you go proving us wrong

EastMT

WKR
Haha, I’m just playing devils advocate. But here’s how I really feel:

There are lots of Christians in the NFL, not all of them proclaim it in every interview as Tim Tebow did.

There are lots of pro 2A fighters out there, not everyone is going to use their platform to focus on that.

Starbucks is blatantly liberal, but did you know that the guy who makes the sleeves for their cups or used to is a hunter?

The modem movement in hunting is bringing more liberal leaning people into the mix, that’s just a fact. Will it be beneficial or not, I don’t know.

Both Rinalla and Newberg have stated several times in their podcasts that they are pro public land first and foremost and will push that on either side of the isle. That’s made me a bit uncomfortable each time over heard it, so if you listen to either of these guys you should not be shocked. We know which side is for controlling guns, and we know they have stated they support public land first. I don’t understand the shock for the ones who have listened to them.

Anyway, I do still hate ARs though, mainly because I can’t stand hearing the action sounds with ear plugs in.

Ok, I’m leaving for vacation now, I’ll quit pestering.

Newsflash - Chernin was head of Fox until 2009 and when they built Fox News.

Also, if you don’t like buying from media types who don’t support 2A your TV, internet and IPhone are going to be awful empty places. Basically NRATV, Kroenke and nothing else. For that matter, you can toss your iPhone, along with your Levi’s and a ton of other Stuff. I spent enough time in LA proximate to and in the media business to know that finding someone who isn’t left leaning and/or a Democrat is a rarity and most of them are pretty hardcore and more importantly they donate money to their party and political causes.

Jason__G

FNG
Several points:
1)There has been a sentiment since before I was born that continues to this day: "One party wants to take away the guns that we hunt with, the other party wants to take away the public land that we hunt on". How does each us choose to walk this line? How can you be sure that your path is better than mine?
2)To the best of my knowledge, none of us were at the meetings, involved in the negotiations, or have even read the entire contract between Meateater Inc and it's investors. All of this is speculation and keyboard commandos at work. Ask yourself how many facts you truly know about this topic. Now compare that to how offended you are by this topic.
3)As the Federalist has proven, controversy sells. Write and post something light on facts, with a lot of speculation, imbue a certain tone, and viola! You are trending! Congratulations, we are are all proving to the media that this tactic works and that by extension that we want more of it.
4)Nuance time; It has been pointed out how Rinella is reaching across the aisle to the non-hunting portion of our society and engaging them. He is showing hunting in a positive light to people who may not even have hunting on their social/political radar. In the end, will this help or hurt hunting at the ballot box? What about those liberal-leaning folks who do choose to take up hunting after being exposed to Rinella's media? They may get exposed to the hunting culture first from a public lands seminar, then by watching his show or listening to his podcast and has been mentioned above, find that hunters are not what they imagined and that hunting is something that they want to do. Now take it one step further and ask: Now that these liberal-leaning folks have gone hunting, and have handled a firearm safely, and seen that gun use and ownership is not a scary thing, how does that influence them when it comes to 2nd Amendment issues? Could we not see an increase in 2nd Amendment support due to an increase in liberal-leaning people taking up hunting, or at least seeing hunting in a positive light?

Last edited:
Excuse me, please take your lack of outrage and gut check reactions elsewhere.

On a serious note - as a brand new hunter, who lives in Los Angeles, who was heavily inspired by Rinella, Jason has a point.

Several points:
1)There has been a sentiment since before I was born that continues to this day: "One party wants to take away the guns that we hunt with, the other party wants to take away the public land that we hunt on". How does each us choose to walk this line? How can you be sure that your path is better than mine?
2)To the best of my knowledge, none of us were at the meetings, involved in the negotiations, or have even read the entire contract between Meateater Inc and it's investors. All of this is speculation and keyboard commandos at work. Ask yourself how many facts you truly know about this topic. Now compare that to how offended you are by this topic.
3)As the Federalist has proven, controversy sells. Write and post something light on facts, with a lot of speculation, imbue a certain tone, and viola! You are trending! Congratulations, we are are all proving to the media that this tactic works and that by extension that we want more of it.
4)Nuance time; It has been pointed out how Rinella is reaching across the aisle to the non-hunting portion of our society and engaging them. He is showing hunting in a positive light to people who may not even have hunting on their social/political radar. In the end, will this help or hurt hunting at the ballot box? What about those liberal-leaning folks who do choose to take up hunting after being exposed to Rinella's media? They may get exposed to the hunting culture first from a public lands seminar, then by watching his show or listening to his podcast and has been mentioned above, find that hunters are not what they imagined and that hunting is something that they want to do. Now take it one step further and ask: Now that these liberal-leaning folks have gone hunting, and have handled a firearm safely, and seen that gun use and ownership is not a scary thing, how does that influence them when it comes to 2nd Amendment issues? Could we not see an increase in 2nd Amendment support due to an increase in liberal-leaning people taking up hunting, or at least seeing hunting in a positive light?

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
And this is why we need to get people running as 2a and public land supporters. We need one bad here in Utah. Maybe I need to. I don't know.

But yeah i am not super worried about the guy who owned a large portion of Fox News and letting them do what they do, suddenly telling Steve he isn't to hunt with a gun anymore or something.

CorbLand

WKR
Several points:
Dont you come in here and ruin a perfectly entertaining thread with logic.

CorbLand

WKR
And this is why we need to get people running as 2a and public land supporters. We need one bad here in Utah. Maybe I need to. I don't know.

But yeah i am not super worried about the guy who owned a large portion of Fox News and letting them do what they do, suddenly telling Steve he isn't to hunt with a gun anymore or something.

It would take a miracle to make that work. There was a pretty decent(on those two subjects) one on the ballot this year, he didnt make it far.

ODB

WKR

I’d love to see a lot more engagement to move rhe R party in a pro-public-land direction than merely the vilification of a politician. The latter has become fashionable to a ridiculous degree.

*zap*

WKR
Progressivism/globalism is a planned agenda backed by big $. Really a shame to see the greatest country on earth circling the bowl but we are about the last obstacle.....Europe is done, stick a fork in it.

Trial153

WKR
I’d love to see a lot more engagement to move rhe R party in a pro-public-land direction than merely the vilification of a politician. The latter has become fashionable to a ridiculous degree.

Any ideas how that takes place, moving in a pro public land direction? Seems like it’s pretty entrenched when they placed it in their platform.

CorbLand

WKR
These threads confuse me. Remind me again is it the left or the right I should call snowflakes?

Maybe a snowflake doesn’t have to associated with a political party. Maybe it should be associated with the way someone acts.