New Tires For F-150

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
I need to put new tires on my 2016 F-150 (20” stock rims). I want a good All Terrain tire with the Snowflake rating. I do mostly highway driving but for 3 months of the year lots of gravel/dirt/snow driving. Not my daily driver either. Here is what I have found so far? Any suggestions on the tires listed below or something I may be missing?

Cooper AT3 XLT
BF Goodrich KO2
Mazama Open Range AT (Les Schwab)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adieatrick

Lil-Rokslider
The Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain AT that is from Discount Tire is hard to beat. I've had them on my F150 for 2 years and over 20k on them now and have been very impressed.

Azdon

FNG
I would add the Falken Wildpeak A/T 3 to your list. I use the 10 ply rated tire and am very satisfied with the performance in the Arizona deserts and high country. Good traction and tough sidewalls for rock protection. They also last much longer than the Goodrich KO2's which I ran in the past.

I would add the Falken Wildpeak A/T 3 to your list. I use the 10 ply rated tire and am very satisfied with the performance in the Arizona deserts and high country. Good traction and tough sidewalls for rock protection. They also last much longer than the Goodrich KO2's which I ran in the past.

I`m trying these Wildpeaks next. I have the KO2 on a ram 1500 now. They were great the first 20k then seemed to get hard and slick on wet roads.

260madman

WKR
Hankook dyna pro. They hold up really well on our trucks at work. Shale, Ballast Rock, sand and mud are everything you find at a mine and they take it. BFG KO2s don’t last.

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
I just put my 2nd set of wildpeaks on and have been satisfied. 2010 f-150 with 20 inch rims.

Rob5589

WKR
I am really liking the Toyo AT3 I had installed on my Ram. They are snow rated but I have yet to have them in snow.

I’m a Cooper AT3 guy and have been very happy with them. Good traction. Quiet at higher speeds. Had them for about 1 year, but look brand new still. Wearing quite well.

boom

WKR
On your list. The Coopers. I am loving mine and I’m a Michelin tire guy. I got the Coopers because the Michelin tires I wanted were back ordered at Costco forever. I did lose 1mpg, from my old Michelin tires.

Also a huge fan of the cooler at3. They wear great. They do well on and off road. You won’t be disappointed. I use my truck daily hauling and working out of it. It’s always loaded heavy or pulling a heavy trailer. The current set of AT3’s I have on it are setting on 53,000+ miles. I could probably get another 5-8k out of them if we were going out of winter instead of into it.

Pwrhd

FNG
Another vote for Falkens here. Much preferred on my 2500 Ram over prior nitto ridge grapplers. Cheaper too!

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
Goodyear ultraterrain at. I have them on my tundra and 4runner. Much better than the ko2 I had.

I am going to be the lone disenter about the Cooper AT3.

I had them on my truck for only a few months and coming off the NJ Turnpike they lost all grip and I slid accross the next lane and almost hit the rail in a light rain. I was going over the speed limit by 5 miles an hour and usually go around that turn at much higher speed but my wife said something. It was fortunate she did because I would have had an accident.

With any other tires I have had on my trucks I never had the feeling of hydroplaning unless at speed hitting a deeper puddle. These tires just don’t inspire confidence in the rain even though that was a primary factor in me choosing them based upon the reviews of how well they were in the rain.

Otherwise they have been a great tire. good wear, low noise and better than expected in snow. My extent of off road driving has been forest fire lanes and farm fields to go hunting.

I won’t be getting them again even with every one else’s rave reviews. I am looking at the General Grabber or possibly the Nitto Terra Grappler. More than likely the Generals even though I love the way the Nitto’s look I suspect they will be much louder in the highway and probably not as good in the rain as the General.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: