New Tires For F-150

dtrkyman

WKR
I have had 3 sets of Bridgestone Dueler At, good wear, quiet and decent off road traction. Tons of rocky terrain sand and mud.
I drive too many miles on the highway to listen to an M/T tire!

I am going to be the lone disenter about the Cooper AT3.

I had them on my truck for only a few months and coming off the NJ Turnpike they lost all grip and I slide accross the next lane and almost hit the rail in a light rain. I was going over the speed limit by 5 miles an hour and usually go around that turn at much higher speed but my wife said something. It was fortunate she did because I would have had an accident.

With any other tires I have had on my trucks I never had the feeling of hydroplaning unless at speed hitting a deeper puddle. These tires just don’t inspire confidence in the rain even though that was a primary factor in me choosing them based upon the reviews of how well they were in the rain.

Otherwise they have been a great tire. good wear, low noise and better than expected in snow. My extent of off road driving has been forest fire lanes and farm fields to go hunting.

I won’t be getting them again even with every one else’s rave reviews. I am looking at the General Grabber or possibly the Nitto Terra Grappler. More than likely the Generals even though I love the way the Nitto’s look I suspect they will be much louder in the highway and probably not as good in the rain as the General.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had several sets of Terra Grapplers on my Tahoe and my sons have them on their jeeps. I switched to the Ridge Grapplers but they are louder on the hwy. I don't have any experience with the Grabbers, but all the Nittos I have had have been great in the rain. That is a main part of a tire for me. You have to have confidence in them with rain.

OP
BigDawgWill44

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
I have ran the duratracs before but had a stick go through the sidewall, looks like they are only 4-ply. Maybe I should look at a 10-ply E tire. Seems Nitto and Cooper have those in the stock F-150 sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tntrker

WKR
I’d take a look at the new Toyo Open Country III’s. I’ve heard very good things about them And they‘ll more than likely be my next tire.

These were on my 2016 new Ram rebel and still are in great shape with 60k miles on them. No road noise, great on wet roads, no issues with snow or ice and very pleased with them, HOWEVER, they are crap with traction in the mud.

AndrewMT34

Lil-Rokslider
I have Goodyear Duratrac's on my F-150. I love them, have been great on wet/snow/mud/dirt roads. I got load range E just for the thicker sidewall as the thinner sidewall Duratrac's can have issues.

They are a little louder than other All Terrain type tires though. I have 22k miles on them and tons of tread left. My next set I think I will try the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's though.

MThuntr

WKR
I'm using Nittro Ridge Grapplers (10ply) on my F150 with 20" wheels. So far so good...I'm sitting on about 15K miles so far but I'm not one to go out of my way to test limits of my rig. They do make a bit of noise at speed but a non-issue for me since I'm about 1/2 deaf anyway

HNTR918

WKR
BF K02!
Mine lasted 59,000 miles with a rotation every 10,000 miles.
After 59,000 miles they have 3/16 tread left.
Getting another set put on this week since Colorado law requires more than 3/16 tread.
They are softer than some other All Terrain tires, but that's because they perform better on snow and ice.
Usually, I'm a budget person but these tires are awesome!
The only winter tires that I've had as good as grip on the road with snow and ice on the ground were Blizzak's.

Would y’all hesitate to put the K02’s on a 06 Tacoma? Dude at the shop indicated they’re 10 ply and reserved for heavier use.

gelton

WKR
On my second set of BFG's the first ones lasted 55K miles no problem, probably had another 15K left on them when they were replaced. For those complaining about wet road performance, I never noticed it. Now it is true the rear wheel would spin when it was wet and the gas was punched but that is true with any truck and any tire. Simply put it in 4wd High or AWD and that problem is fixed.

Sounds like a BFG fanboy. They stick to road like glue for about 20k. Then they lose grip. No way to mistake that. IMHO

No way I`m running in AWD just for a wet road. That is a crappy tire in my opinion and one I will not run again. They are on my truck right now. Will be off by winter.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I posted a thread about all terrains for my 18 f150, based off of that I decided I'll be going with the wildpeak at3s.