New Tires For F-150

AndrewMT34

Lil-Rokslider
Would y’all hesitate to put the K02’s on a 06 Tacoma? Dude at the shop indicated they’re 10 ply and reserved for heavier use.

Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of the KO2's in general. If I were you, I'd look at the Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Goodyear Duratracs, Nitto Ridge Grappler, or Toyo Open Country's mentioned in this thread.

Catahoula

WKR
Hankook ATM RF10 275 55 20. Wonderful riding tire. On second set on my truck. Quiet at speed, good in snow and off road. Discount also has ”their” knock off of this tire as well. 👍🏽

GPool1842

WKR
I really like the Yokohama Geolander a/t g012. Have them on my 2015 f150 with 20’s now. Have had them on all my past trucks.

I have a set of BFG KOs in the bed of my truck right now, and an appointment to have them mounted tomorrow. As soon as the factory rubber wears out on a new truck, I slap on a set of BFG A/Ts. Been doing this since the mid 80's, back when RWL were still cool, and completely happy with them always. They do everything I need them to, both on and off the road. Just my .02.

I replaced the stock tires on my 15 f150 20” with continental terrain contact a/t. They’re not supper aggressive but they’ve never let me down in snow or on 4x4 2 track roads and they are great on the highway.

Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of the KO2's in general. If I were you, I'd look at the Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Goodyear Duratracs, Nitto Ridge Grappler, or Toyo Open Country's mentioned in this thread.

Thanks. I'm on a lifetime tires program at my dealer so I probably can't get the Falken's with their limited distribution. I'll have to see what other brands they offer. I've had the Michelin LTX's and they're awesome for my daily driver tires but the ole Taco at 355k is getting retired to hunting duty only and needs some beef on the corners.

If not for wet roads, what is AWD for?

For spot ice. I live in Western Oregon. It usually rains a ton. If I ran my truck in AWD 24/7 I`m sure it would burn the clutches up in short time. What about the older trucks I own without AWD? Should I run those in 4WD high because my tire do not preform?

To clear things up a bit. I loved these tires until about 20k. I drive many short trips a year and think the repeated heat cycles made them hard. This made them not preform well at all. IMHO.

I`m not bashing BFG at all. I just put a set of KM3 on my 2500 hunting truck. I was just stating facts.

gelton

WKR
For spot ice. I live in Western Oregon. It usually rains a ton. If I ran my truck in AWD 24/7 I`m sure it would burn the clutches up in short time. What about the older trucks I own without AWD? Should I run those in 4WD high because my tire do not preform?

To clear things up a bit. I loved these tires until about 20k. I drive many short trips a year and think the repeated heat cycles made them hard. This made them not preform well at all. IMHO.

I`m not bashing BFG at all. I just put a set of KM3 on my 2500 hunting truck. I was just stating facts.
Well here are some facts that I think are universally accepted, you have to pay the piper. Gaining something in one area most likely means you are losing something in another. Mud terrains are terrible on wet roads, All terrains are slightly better. If you are looking for better-wet road performance from an all-terrain tire, then plan on giving up something when it comes to mud and snow. Want a softer tire? Well then plan on giving up longevity. If you want a tire that performs the best on wet roads, then give up all terrains altogether.

To gain something, you have to give something and that is true for most things in life including tires. Personally I want an all-terrain that gives my truck the capabilities I bought it for - to perform off-road when needed, but not to a point that tread life is degraded and wet roads are as hazardous as they are with mud terrains.

Another point - unless you have a fleet of vehicles and/or drive 100K miles a year, there really isn't a person on this thread that is a tire expert, most everything is conjecture. I am 44 years old and probably have driven 500K miles in my life which means I have enough experience to speak on ~10 sets of tires. For me, two of those sets were BFG mud terrains, three have been BFG All-Terrain and two have been Cooper Zeon AT's (dont remember the rest). From my limited experience, I like the BFG AT's best...I think between them and the Cooper Max they are the best performing AT on the market for off-road...and lots of other people seem to agree, and they last a lot longer than the Cooper Zeons did which for me is important.

All I said was that they preformed well until around 20k miles. No need for 4wd or AWD on wet roads. Then they started spinning and sliding. Same truck with same driver on same roads.

Take it or leave it. I dont care. The Ko2 changes with use and is not the tire i started with. That could get someone hurt.

It has nothing to do with a compromise in a tire style. They change performance with use even though the tread is plenty.

Also, I have 4 trucks, a car and construction vehicles. I drive a little. FYI

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with you on the Ko2s about it changing. I ditched mine and went with the Goodyear ultraterrain at. I have them on my Tundra and 4runner. I prefer them over KO2s