The do it all self-defense pistol

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
You Glock guys what pushed you towards the 19 vs 43x for a carry weapon ? Obviously more rounds . Was at a gun shop the other day and quite surprised picking up a 43x how much i liked it

For most of us (I would imagine) the 43 didn't even exist when we got 19s. The sub guys went g26. I wouldn't carry the 19 in summer though. Too big for me in a t shirt. Been carrying the 365.

I think most are saying that the 19 is a great well rounded pistol. Not the best concealed carry gun.

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
If you were going to buy one pistol for self-defense from in your home, to in the woods for the lower 48, what would be your your caliber and action choice?
I have had many pistols in my life. I trust my glocks more than any other. A glock 19 would be a good choice.

repins05

WKR
I have had many pistols in my life. I trust my glocks more than any other. A glock 19 would be a good choice.
Didn’t read through the post but my vote is for the Glock 19 as well. Relatively inexpensive so I don’t care if it gets beat to hell. If it gets beat to hell it still will function. Parts, mags, ammo, easy to find. Good place to start In my opinion.

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
The universal answer to which pistol is Glock 19.

Specifically, a Gen 5 MOS with an ACRO and Dawson suppressor sights. Put it on an aftermarket plate, not the Glock plate and do it properly. 5.5 pound trigger, no mods. Mag well is a good addition if using +2 extension mags. Add a Surefire x300 or stream light TLR7.

Take a 3 day pistol class…this is critical.

Load it with Hornady 135 Critical Duty.

Buy a second one…

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
what would you guys load the 19 with in grizzly country (given this is a one and only sidearm choice)?

eric1115

WKR
what would you guys load the 19 with in grizzly country (given this is a one and only sidearm choice)?
Buffalo bore 147 hardcast, though I've also flirted with the idea of Dutch loading those and a 147 JHP like the Winchester defenders I carry now.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
For most of us (I would imagine) the 43 didn't even exist when we got 19s. The sub guys went g26. I wouldn't carry the 19 in summer though. Too big for me in a t shirt. Been carrying the 365.

I think most are saying that the 19 is a great well rounded pistol. Not the best concealed carry gun.
Yup, I’ve had my g26 since 2006. The g43 came out awhile after that.

robtattoo

WKR
I'll never understand why Sig doesn't offer the 365 with the XL slide & shorter, standard frame. I had to build one for myself & somebody is going to have to get reeeeal inventive to persuade me there's a better carry option.20240124_071549.jpg