Ultralight Rear Bag

Yup, that is key @Dobermann

Control of the rifle, recoil management is huge. Look at the rear bags of bench rest and ELR. It is about containing recoil straight back.

The Hunter’s Wedge by LRO, the Mini Tacky, the Tacky Sack, Ultralight, and our flat bag are all shaped in different ways to serve the same purpose.

We are going to release a pocket version of our ultralight bag that weighs less than one ounce. Use it exactly like that.

Sign me up for one of those when they release!

Yup, that is key @Dobermann

Control of the rifle, recoil management is huge. Look at the rear bags of bench rest and ELR. It is about containing recoil straight back.

The Hunter’s Wedge by LRO, the Mini Tacky, the Tacky Sack, Ultralight, and our flat bag are all shaped in different ways to serve the same purpose.

We are going to release a pocket version of our ultralight bag that weighs less than one ounce. Use it exactly like that.

View attachment 627428View attachment 627429
Guess I’m buying yet another product of yours.

Shout out to the SSS….

I used the SSS on a coues hunt 2 weeks ago and loved it. When I bought it I thought I would only use it for a shooting bag but on the 3rd day, I ended up breaking my backpacking stool I used to glass so I sat on the pad the rest of the day and loved it for glassing. A buddy of mine offered me an extra stool to glass with and I declined and used the SSS for a glassing pad the rest of the hunt. I also used it for a pillow. So I used it for all 3 intended purposes.
After seeing my SSS, my buddy ended up ordering one for himself. Great product, love it. It helped me fill my tag.

Highly recommend!

I just got in two 'Taylor Was Here' rear bags, 'The Answer' and 'The Compromise'. Deceptively simple, these have changed my understanding of what a rear bag should be able to do, and how to use them - I now realise that all of my prior rear bags are too wide for gripping properly.

Highly recommended: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...ing-the-answer-the-compromise-grande.7128412/

Discussion here: https://www.snipershide.com/precision-rifle/the-taylor-was-here-rear-bag/
Did you do anything to break in your bags?

How comfortable is the SSS as a pillow? Would you be willing to sleep on it for 8 nights? Looking for a lightweight rear bag to bring with next fall. Don’t really want the extra weight, but if it’s comfortable enough I can ditch my pillow it may be worth it.

How comfortable is the SSS as a pillow? Would you be willing to sleep on it for 8 nights? Looking for a lightweight rear bag to bring with next fall. Don’t really want the extra weight, but if it’s comfortable enough I can ditch my pillow it may be worth it.
Get one to try. Always send it back to us if you don’t like it. No one has sent it back yet, and usually hunting buddies buy one.

I didn’t design it as a pillow, but once I snuck a nap during the day glassing and just grabbed it. Used it as a sleeping pillow since. I started using it as a pillow in 2022 hunting season. A neck gaiter is a perfect pillow case if you have one on the hunt.

I slept on it 7 nights on the North Slope this year.

It’s not as comfortable as a dedicated quality camp pillow. But I could do 8 days in it, and you get the other uses out of it. Give it a shot. If you hate it, ship it back to them. They’re good dudes.

Grrrrr…I’m tired of the bag filled with game bags. I think I’m going to have to break down and buy an ultralight weight rear bag as well.

Grrrrr…I’m tired of the bag filled with game bags. I think I’m going to have to break down and buy an ultralight weight rear bag as well.
The bag with game bags is a decent solution, but not ideal. Give our bags a try, send it back if you don’t like it.

I had Hyperlite's stuff sack pillow previously and once I got my SSS in, found it fits perfectly. Neck gaiter much more cost effective as a pillow case but I already had the stuff sack, weighs nothing, and use as a packing cube (+ pillow) for any travel I do, outdoors or in.

You leave your binos in it I assume?

Yeah. I have shot some unbelievable groups with mine. Killed critters that way also. I use the Kuiu one which has a hard back so depending how you position it you can have higher/lower support. The angled comb on my rifle also helps if I move the harness forward/rear for elevation adjustment.

Did you do anything to break in your bags?
I don't think the Taylor bags need it - they're a more malleable fabric than some of the heavy-duty nylon types. And they're already the right dimensions. But I'm guessing they'll become a little more pliable over time as well.

DIY. Cheap walmart foam pad cut into small pieces, stuffed into a Reebok sock. 2.3 oz. Take it with a grain of salt for now. I haven't used it in the field yet, but it works fine while shooting off a bench with an ammo can as a front rest. Prone dry fire practice off a pack hasn't shown any cause for concern, so I'm fairly confident it will work. We'll see....

Attachments

• bag2.jpg
    bag2.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 7
  • bag3.jpg
    bag3.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 6
  • bag4.jpg
    bag4.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 6
  • bag1.jpg
    bag1.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 7
I don't think the Taylor bags need it - they're a more malleable fabric than some of the heavy-duty nylon types. And they're already the right dimensions. But I'm guessing they'll become a little more pliable over time as well.
What’s the weight on those Taylor bags? They look excellent, but if they have a heavy fill, they might not make the cut on a hunt.

What’s the weight on those Taylor bags? They look excellent, but if they have a heavy fill, they might not make the cut on a hunt.
About 17oz and 12oz. Mine seem very full, at least compared to the videos I've seen. (Or maybe my pincers are too weak...)

Attachments

• IMG_1322.jpeg
    IMG_1322.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1323.jpeg
    IMG_1323.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 7
Back