USA Made

Deadfall

WKR
1620 gear. It's made for construction folks. Seems to work good for hunting. Can be worn all year. if you're after camo stuff this probably isn't your ball of wax. it's a bit cheaper then most US made hunting apparel though. Otherwise...FORLOH

Woodrow F Call

Lil-Rokslider
Not really hunting gear, but made in the USA and good stuff.

Roundhouse: overalls, jeans
Buddy's: jeans
Costco and Sam's sells made in the USA wool socks
Thorogood: work boots (quite comfortable)

Triple Aught Design and Prometheus Design Werx both make a lot of clothing in the USA. I have 5 pairs of TAD pants that all fit great and have held up well over a few years of use. Haven’t bought anything recently nor have I purchased from Prometheus but the founder came from TAD so they are very similar. Neither are cheap by any means but costs are similar to other clothing that is outsourced.

Seeknelk

WKR
I just ordered a custom size timmermade windshirt I'm excited to try.
They have sweet alpha direct hoodies for active insulation and other lightweight niche goodies.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ alpha direct w/ a windshirt would make for a nice on the move combo :)

Yoder

WKR
There's another thread about this but Origin Maine makes everything 100% in America. They buy everything in the U.S. and even weave their own fabric. Right now they only have regular clothing, work pants, boots and athletic wear. They are coming out with hunting gear next spring. This is the company Jocko Willink is partnered with. Just an awesome story and a truly great company.

Dobermann

WKR
Have a hard time backing a company whose owner is mediocre at best in his public voice on New Zealand firearms ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, many of us here have boycotted Swazi gear after Davey threw us under the bus when he said that semi-autos are not needed for hunting ... and we lost our semis soon after.

It likely would have happened anyway, but he was one of the prominent voices who could have helped to change the debate, rather than make it easier for the new laws to be rushed through.

CTx7.3

FNG
There's another thread about this but Origin Maine makes everything 100% in America. They buy everything in the U.S. and even weave their own fabric. Right now they only have regular clothing, work pants, boots and athletic wear. They are coming out with hunting gear next spring. This is the company Jocko Willink is partnered with. Just an awesome story and a truly great company.

I recently heard this too. Pretty excited to see what they come up with.

Yoder

WKR
Yep, many of us here have boycotted Swazi gear after Davey threw us under the bus when he said that semi-autos are not needed for hunting ... and we lost our semis soon after.

It likely would have happened anyway, but he was one of the prominent voices who could have helped to change the debate, rather than make it easier for the new laws to be rushed through.
I think it's strange that people boycott companies from New Zealand and yet buy FL or Sitka that's made in China. How is NZ worse than China?

Voyageur

WKR
I just ordered a custom size timmermade windshirt I'm excited to try.
They have sweet alpha direct hoodies for active insulation and other lightweight niche goodies.
I'd be interested in a quality report after you've tried your Timmermade clothing.

Looks awesome. He is kind of all over the place with his products tho…lol.

LandYacht

WKR
I think it's strange that people boycott companies from New Zealand and yet buy FL or Sitka that's made in China. How is NZ worse than China?

I don’t follow your logic. You are saying that the country of origin is the main consideration for you?

We are choosing to not support a company. The choice isn’t because of the location its products are made, but rather the public stance that its owner made against private firearms ownership.

I think it is strange that anyone would choose to purchase products from a company whose owner’s statements directly contributed to loss of individual firearms ownership.

Yoder

WKR
I don’t follow your logic. You are saying that the country of origin is the main consideration for you?

We are choosing to not support a company. The choice isn’t because of the location its products are made, but rather the public stance that its owner made against private firearms ownership.

I think it is strange that anyone would choose to purchase products from a company whose owner’s statements directly contributed to loss of individual firearms ownership.

I thought thought it was based on the country of NZ banning firearms. I didn't realize it was about the head of that particular company. It is kind of strange to be ok with giving money to China which only wants to destroy us as long as an American company gets a cut of the money. They don't just want our guns, they want our country. They may have even been responsible for covid depending on what you read. I do understand it's tough to stop buying things from China. I know I'm guilty, but it's something to think about.

bsnedeker

WKR
I thought thought it was based on the country of NZ banning firearms. I didn't realize it was about the head of that particular company. It is kind of strange to be ok with giving money to China which only wants to destroy us as long as an American company gets a cut of the money. They don't just want our guns, they want our country. They may have even been responsible for covid depending on what you read. I do understand it's tough to stop buying things from China. I know I'm guilty, but it's something to think about.
It's kind of strange that you interpreted his post as "Swazi is anti firearms so you should buy from first lite". He didn't say anything about buying from Chinese sourced companies. There are fortunately many options for buying made in the USA goods today.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TFP

LandYacht

WKR

Agreed. We are saying the same thing. China is a much bigger oppressor of freedom to be for sure.

Yoder

WKR
It's kind of strange that you interpreted his post as "Swazi is anti firearms so you should buy from first lite". He didn't say anything about buying from Chinese sourced companies. There are fortunately many options for buying made in the USA goods today.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I wasn't picking on anyone in particular. I just know almost everyone owns something from FL or Sitka. They are on every Youtube channel out there right now. I personally had no idea both were actually made in China until recently and I even have a FL base layer. I really assumed they were made here with the insanely high prices. I'm hoping Jocko can compete with Sitka in price and make it here.