What did you do today to get ready for archery season?

JCY

FNG
I shot 7 arrows and put myself through a resistance routine. Plenty of room for improvement on both fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
Welded up a bunk frame for my cargo trailer I am(maybe was) planning to tow to Alaska for caribou this August. Not sure if I’ll be able to use it this year or not but will still be nice to have a small trailer to crash in when I need it.

Attachments

• 3E6F19CE-CB1E-4FA7-9EA7-665AA598E352.jpeg
    3E6F19CE-CB1E-4FA7-9EA7-665AA598E352.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 26

ZDR

WKR
Had my hunting buddies over for dinner and discussion on what we want to do this year. Put in for deer with them, getting ready to put in for NM & Montana elk.
Shot my bow everyday this week except for Tuesday when it snowed. Brought a back-up bow off AT, Re-fletched some arrows and promptly broke one.
Also ordered new springs from Carter for my silverback...wow, was shocked at how much better it was with the new springs.

RC_

FNG
Blank baled with my new evo. Finally learning to shoot properly after ten years of slapping the trigger.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Looked at Rokslide a half dozen times today and read a dozen different “how’s my spine” posts 👍
So do you feel better prepared for the season now.....LOL?

If the season started tomorrow, I'd be just as ready now as I will be come September. Except for this broken big toe.....it's been 4 weeks and is giving me fits. Feels like I've got a crumpled up sock in my shoe under my toes........irritating.

OR Archer

WKR
So do you feel better prepared for the season now.....LOL?

If the season started tomorrow, I'd be just as ready now as I will be come September. Except for this broken big toe.....it's been 4 weeks and is giving me fits. Feels like I've got a crumpled up sock in my shoe under my toes........irritating.
I’m more ejumakated on FOC and spline so yeah. I’m going to be blowing through elk shoulders haha

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Organizing the house and financial paperwork stuff.

Not sexy, but come September I will be glad I did it.

packer58

WKR
Welded up a bunk frame for my cargo trailer I am(maybe was) planning to tow to Alaska for caribou this August. Not sure if I’ll be able to use it this year or not but will still be nice to have a small trailer to crash in when I need it.
Your garage is way to clean..............

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
How many times have you cleaned it up? I hear some guys have used the same BH multiple times.
First time for this one. Last year was the first time I used the Exodus heads. But as long as I can get the blades shaving sharp and the head spins true, it will work over and over. The arrow is still good (needs to be cleaned again though), used it on my moose and sheep and it's ready to go for this year.

But I've got some new arrows to test out this spring and summer. Got some RIP TKO 250's coming tomorrow, and some Sirius Apollo 250's to test out. So perhaps I'll be using new arrows this year........don't know yet. I like testing stuff. I spend all summer doing that.

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
Windchill made it feel like 61, but I braved it the other day and have been shooting a dozen or so in the morning and evening.

The bonus was you got to try out your winter gear 😁

Just more shooting in the garage working on form. I went back to a wrist release; just something with the handheld I couldn't quite get comfortable with. Picked up a Stan Xtinction2, very nice.