F150 Truck Tire Recommendations

boom

WKR
Michelin LTX AT2 are the longest wearing tire I’ve ever run in my Tacoma. I got rid of them when they hit 8 years old. Had 70k miles on them.

I went with Cooper AT3 since the Michelins we’re back ordered at Costco. Edit. Just checked. They are still on back order.

the coopers have been great. I did take a 1.5 mpg hit on average. Kinda sucks. They did well going up a nasty trail to find a hidden beach.

MTElk1987

FNG
I have been using the Cooper St Maxx’s for quite a while now and have had great luck with them. They’ve spent at least 50% of their lives on gravel roads pulling a stock trailer or hauling 1800 lb round bales on the bale bed.

Everything I read about the wildpeaks has me very interested in them, and a couple shops I know sell a ton of them, but I'm going to have a hard time switching from BFG KO2s.. I know it's hard to believe, but I have 83k on them right now and I'll get close to 90k out of them before I replace them.

WCB

WKR
I run Duratracs on my 2017 Silverado 1500...no complaints...it is also my daily driver and hunting rig. Used them in Montana/western dakotas mud...snow, ice, etc. No issues

Deere83

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll go against the grain and say dick cepek fun country for the win, I ran cooper st maxes on my diesels for years but I had to test these because the 45000 mile warranty, I’ll have to let you know how that goes.

Rob5589

WKR
I have an OE spec'd Falken Wildpeak on my Ram. Great on road, do well in snow, and surprisingly well in mud for an AT tire. ~22k miles and very little wear. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set.

Agross

WKR
Cooper st maxx. I'm on my second set and don't think I'll ever put anything else on a truck I own. Not a single flat and I got about 50 thousand miles out of the first set. The second set only have about 10 thousand on em and look almost new. I got the the two sets for $850 and $800 delivered to my house. Just have to watch for deals.

TSAMP

WKR
I run BFG KO2 tires. They certainly arent in the sub 1k price range. Want to say 1500. They are heavy tires and i lost about 3 mpg with them. I did size up to a larger diameter though. Performance has been good, which is what you expect with a BFG.
I just happen to come across the paperwork on these and it was actually $1002 dollars. 275/60 r20. I have 30k on them and id say easily more than half tread left.

Ben Allen

FNG
Do you find 10 ply tires to be a rougher ride when not pulling a heavy trailer or carrying a big load?

With today's tire technology I'm wondering if 10 ply is necessary unless you have a specific daily need like a truck camper.
I always buy 10ply for the simple fact that the sidewalk will take more punishment. And I have a Tacoma which I never tow with.

HNTR918

WKR
BFGoodrich T/A KO2's here.
Over 53k on them and they still have tread.
Drove thru tons of rain last weekend with no issues.

Never had a problem on hunts, flying down dirt roads, tons of washed out sharp rocky 4x4 roads and I'm not the best driver so they have definitely survived some pinching and sidewall pressure.

Winter driving was amazing. We got 16'' of snow in Colorado the day before opening day, and the truck went over 300 miles thru powder with a dirt road underneath. Only problem I've had is when my drive train isn't tall enough to clear all the piled up snow, but that's not the tires fault.

I went up 2'' inches in rolling diameter and 4'' lift, and lost about 2 mpg.

ScottinPA

WKR
I've run Hankook Dynapro AT's and General Grabber AT2 on my F150. Both were great tires with the Generals a little cheaper. Going with the Generals again in a few months, this set barely passed inspection but have around 55K on them.

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
The only tire that I will ever buy again is the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Really thinking I am pulling the trigger on the Falken Wildpeaks AT3Ws. 10 ply are $815 shipped from Walmart.

I have Michelin LTX M&S tires...now called Defenders on all 3 of our vehicles in the proper ply rating for the F150, F350 and the Xterra. Very quiet, extremely low rolling resistance for enhanced gas (or diesel) mileage), excellent road handling, stopping, snow driving, wet roads and ice driving, etc. They are not real aggressive for off-road but do OK getting me around to where the quad or RZR come out. They wear very well too.

2-bucks

FNG
Another Goodyear Duratrack fan here. It took me a lot of years to convince myself to spend that much money but I love them in mud and snow in the Midwest.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Duratracs are really good all around tires. I’m quite happy w my set.
I had a set of DuraTracs once. You couldn't give me a set of those tires again. I took them off with less than 10k on them and sold em and went back to ST Maxx. Shouldn't have ever switched to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
I had a set of DuraTracs once. You couldn't give me a set of those tires again. I took them off with less than 10k on them and sold em and went back to ST Maxx. Shouldn't have ever switched to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Interesting...I have not had any issues with them. What happened to yours?
To be clear, I dont know if I have ever had a truly poor experience with any all terrain type tire Ive owned other than some wore faster than others but were better in bad conditions, some were noisy on the road etc but nothing that ever made me take a set off before they wore out.