F150 Truck Tire Recommendations

kda082

WKR
I run the KO2 10 ply. They are worlds better than the Destinations they replaced and have punctured only once vs 10 times on Firestone’s. They do ride stiff and I’m not a fan of the noise but it’s nice not dropping by tire shop for repairs every couple months. I do drive a lot on gravel.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Do you find 10 ply tires to be a rougher ride when not pulling a heavy trailer or carrying a big load?

With today's tire technology I'm wondering if 10 ply is necessary unless you have a specific daily need like a truck camper.
I've ran 10ply ST Maxx on my Tacoma for the past 6 years. They are what will be going back on when this set wears out. Extremely tough tires, the added protection against flats and sidewall cuts is worth every tradeoff. They're gonna be heavier of course, but peace of mind in the middle of nowhere is worth the weight penalty.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
BF Goodrich All-terrain K02 10-ply have been awesome on my F-150. Not much experience on snow or ice but I beat the heck out of them and 30k miles later they still look new. I picked them up at Costco, definitely under $1,000. I don't remember the exact cost.

The Cooper Discoverer STT Pros I have on my 4runner have been pretty amazing in all conditions. I paid somewhere in the 800s for all 4 in 35x12.5

PNWGATOR

WKR
Falken Wildpeaks have been awesome for me as well as five buds who run them in ID and MT. Damn good tires.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with Falkens?

have the wildpeaks on my f150. they've been great so far, performance and wear wise. guy at the shop was even surprised the other day when rotated em how well they were wearing for having 20k miles. i got the load range E and have lost a couple mpg's though

NoWiser

WKR
Falken Wildpeaks on my F150. My hunting buddies switched to them as well. We all love them.

Tmac

WKR
My favorite truck tires are dura tracks. But I have had and liked bfg ko2s and Nitto ridge grapplers as well.
IMHO, with good quality rubber, there is no need to run a 10 ply on a half ton. On a big diesel that weighs 9k empty sure, but On an f150 that will Just equate to more cost, less mpg and yes, a rougher ride. I have run 8 ply on my ram 2500 (gasser) for several years and won’t go back to 10 ply.

Glad that works for you. My experience in SE OR says 10 ply is a minimum. So consider the country you will use them in, before picking a ply rating, is my hard earned advice. Ya, had some flats...this was on a couple “light” Toyota’s.

DESERT ED

FNG
Been running ST MAXX on both mine and my wife’s trucks for years now. Not one flat. 40k+ miles if you stay up on rotations. Quiet on the highway. Good in snow and off road. Buddies haven’t been too excited a out their KO2s recently.

I also wasted $ on the firestones. Straight junk. I'm on my second set of DuraTracs and I couldn't be happier. I'm right around 70k on my current set and still have some tread to wear. I'll probably keep them until winter hits. Don't remember how many miles I got off the first set.

Reactions: WCB
They might be a little out of your budget but Toyo M-55 wear like leather. The best tire you can find all round, except ice, but other than Bridgestone Blizzaks what’s good on ice. As others have stated KO2 also a good alternative.

ZDR

WKR
I also wasted $ on the firestones. Straight junk. I'm on my second set of DuraTracs and I couldn't be happier. I'm right around 70k on my current set and still have some tread to wear. I'll probably keep them until winter hits. Don't remember how many miles I got off the first set.
Duratracs are really good all around tires. I’m quite happy w my set.

AlleghenyMountain

Lil-Rokslider
I have General Grabber AT2s on my F250 right now. 10 ply, I haul wood, etc. I've also run them on an F150. Worst set of tired I've ever had were Firestones.

Goose2345

FNG
I’m also a huge fan of the falken Wild peak put them on my eco boost three years ago since then I’ve put them on two of my work trucks and both of my plow trucks great tire for me so far!

2five7

WKR
I've been through a lot of tires on multiple different F150's, and the Cooper AT3 XLT has been my favorite all around tire ever. Smooth, quiet, excellent ride, great in wet and snowy/icy roads.