Please follow my Swarovski nightmare in the link

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Jay, sorry to hear that your having trouble getting the SLCs repaired to your satisfaction. I understand it can by very frustrating to buy a premium product only to be disappointed with both the product and service. Unfortunately, it sometimes happens; and, worse yet, brand loyalists will often attempt to dismiss and troll because it didn’t happen to them. From your posts here and elsewhere it appears you’ve bought a lot of Swarovski optics. It also appears that you’ve sent several in for multiple repairs. When that happens repair personnel might just peg you as a “frequent flyer” and someone difficult to satisfy. It’s just human nature.

From what you’ve described with the 15x SLCs, I really wouldn’t be overly concerned about any cosmetic issues as they really don’t effect the product’s performance and function. So, the manufacturer might not feel that is something they are required to fix under warranty. However, if the lenses are fogging from the inside, there is visible lens damage, or there is visible debris inside of the barrels, that is simply unacceptable. Internal debris can and likely will damage lenses and other optical system components. That must be repaired or it will be the gift that keeps on giving. If you can still return them to the merchant that‘s the first route I’d take.
hello Sir,
The return period is over and all I am asking SONA is to clean the visible debris on objective lens and they are saying having debris is normal. I don't care about external cosmetic defects but i want perfect lenses.
The service done by Swarovski Optik Austria is way better and my scope sent for cleaning came back looking new.
Where as my ELs sent in for fungus build up inside went in three times last year because there literally thread handing from the edge of the lenses. That's why i know that SONA repair center does shitty job. They proved me right this time again but still having dust on lenses when the binocular went in for cleaning in the first place.

And I don't care about these lowly Swaro fans trying to troll me. I have more than $10k Swaro products and $5k more on order. None of them have as much experience buying swaro products as me.

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like you should trade them for Meopta or Vortex and be happier.
Meopta Meostar R 1.7-10x42 is coming in few weeks. Meopta is awesome value for money and they usually replace the product instead of wasting customers time. Meopta is 95% of swaro for 40% price.

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
I'm guessing this will be the perfect excuse for not filling a tag this year..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
i am going Sitka deer hunting this year in Maryland. My EL 8.5x42 will suffice.

Last edited:
i am going Sitka gear hunting this year in Maryland. My EL 8.5x42 will suffice.
I normally find my Sitka gear here on Rokslide or at The local cabels, is the gear better in Maryland???

Ok but on a serious note this sucks that you haven't had good service with SONA. I have a z81 I need to send in as it has a partical of something on the insideense that moves with every shot.
Your suggestion is to just send it back to Austria?

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
I normally find my Sitka gear here on Rokslide or at The local cabels, is the gear better in Maryland???

Ok but on a serious note this sucks that you haven't had good service with SONA. I have a z81 I need to send in as it has a partical of something on the insideense that moves with every shot.
Your suggestion is to just send it back to Austria?
This scope will automatically go to Austria because SONA does not have tools and expertise to service illuminated scopes. So you lucked out!

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Am I understanding correctly that you're looking through them backwards?

I'll buy them from you for $6.00.
you have earned the most stupid comment award. Do you want chocolate? Do you have anything intelligent to add or you just just waste people’s time?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
What are you trying to accomplish with this thread? You're inviting folks to follow your nightmare, but most folks prefer to avoid nightmares. Just not understanding your goal here. If it's just venting, then so be it. But if that's the case, I'd probably cancel the additional $5k worth of Swaro that you have on order.

Read your link. I am happy for you that you have a large inventory of alpha glass... and more on the way. And I am, perhaps, a little jealous.

But I am also confused.

Your thread includes a comment about your binoculars not having been five feet from your house. You bought alpha glass and didn’t even take them for a walk before the return period expired?

I picked up a non-alpha spotter off the classifieds and had it set up in the front windows at work, in the back parking lot, in my back yard and at a nearby park in the first eight hours of ownership. And I was at work for about five and a half hours of those eight.

I hope that you get things resolved to your satisfaction and use that glass farther away from your house.

you have earned the most stupid comment award. Do you want chocolate? Do you have anything intelligent to add or you just just waste people’s time?
Seriously, after reading through your thread on bird forum, I zoomed in on these pictures and I'm going to have to drop my offer to $4.00.

Binoculars are made to have your eyes this close to the other end...

Edit: what are you even circling?

1.JPG2.JPG

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
After decades of dealing with watch collectors, I get the OP’s gripe about perfection. Every person has a price limit where their expectation of evidence of being manufactured by humankind morphs into expectations of being born into existence by the magical powers of God, untainted by the mortal sin.

According to OP, Swarovski Austria is making sub-standard (his) products directly from the factory and the expectation is SONA will be better at after-sales service than original manufacturing process.

The way I see it, either
A) stop spending outrageous amounts of money on ornaments and try a different brand of manufacture

B) If you must stay with Swaro for Either country club conversation or actual performance thecome to the realization SONA is not your preferred service center and send your items to Austria for service.

Continuing to do the same thing expecting a different result is the definition of ....

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Op is wound tighter than my wife after asking for a sammich.

Has anyone ever told him there is dust in the air.. I bet he'd mail the cdc about how it shouldn't be.

Maybe someone should explain to him what "unrealistic expectations" means.

yes that's all i care about the dust inside but the hillbillies they hired keep damaging other things every time they take the binoculars apart.$1950 and you can have them. I paid $2300.
Call me crazy but if you weren't insulting the folks trying to fix your stuff you might get better results..BTW it's 2020 we prefer Appalachian Americans...Hillbillies is so 90s...

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Read your link. I am happy for you that you have a large inventory of alpha glass... and more on the way. And I am, perhaps, a little jealous.

But I am also confused.

Your thread includes a comment about your binoculars not having been five feet from your house. You bought alpha glass and didn’t even take them for a walk before the return period expired?

I picked up a non-alpha spotter off the classifieds and had it set up in the front windows at work, in the back parking lot, in my back yard and at a nearby park in the first eight hours of ownership. And I was at work for about five and a half hours of those eight.

I hope that you get things resolved to your satisfaction and use that glass farther away from your house.
i am just a busy person with a lot of hobbies. I did not get time to use a lot of optics i had that why i have sold around $6k of optics in last two months.

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Op is wound tighter than my wife after asking for a sammich.

Has anyone ever told him there is dust in the air.. I bet he'd mail the cdc about how it shouldn't be.

Maybe someone should explain to him what "unrealistic expectations" means.
All optics manufacturers have dust free rooms, you can watch youtube videos of swarovski , aimpoint , vortex etc. But swarovski's quality controls are falling, thats the whole thread about.

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
After decades of dealing with watch collectors, I get the OP’s gripe about perfection. Every person has a price limit where their expectation of evidence of being manufactured by humankind morphs into expectations of being born into existence by the magical powers of God, untainted by the mortal sin.

According to OP, Swarovski Austria is making sub-standard (his) products directly from the factory and the expectation is SONA will be better at after-sales service than original manufacturing process.

The way I see it, either
A) stop spending outrageous amounts of money on ornaments and try a different brand of manufacture

B) If you must stay with Swaro for Either country club conversation or actual performance thecome to the realization SONA is not your preferred service center and send your items to Austria for service.

Continuing to do the same thing expecting a different result is the definition of ....
I asked SONA if i can send my binoculars to Austria service center and i was told products bought in USA have to go through SONA and binoculars will be serviced in USA only.
Solution is to buy from European dealers. Swarovski products will cost little cheaper this way.
In case of issues, you send the optics back to the dealer and dealer sends them to Swarovski and then ships it back to you.
Europeans spend more money on hunting rifles and optics compared to Americans and competition is fierce among brands so service is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.