Please follow my Swarovski nightmare in the link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil j

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I have a passport and I have traveled extensively but I also am a hunter so my shit gets pretty tore up on some of the trips. So in a nutshell if those little flecks of dust in your pictures bother you will never be able to go to the places I’ve been.

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I have a passport and I have traveled extensively but I also am a hunter so my shit gets pretty tore up on some of the trips. So in a nutshell if those little flecks of dust in your pictures bother you will never be able to go to the places I’ve been.
The point is that if I damage it , I have no problem. But factory new products that cost $2300 should not have issues. And If they do companies should fix it. If customers ask for it, manufacturers will have to provide it. We pay them for design , manufacturing and warranty in advance.
I am Aerospace Engineer (Masters), with mechanical and materials major, I know a thing a two about how costs are calculated. Roughly, 2/3 of the product price is charged for advertisement and future warranty repairs and profit.
So if swarovski charges $1300ish in case of SLC 15x56 upfront for above reasons then they better provide required repairs.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
i am just a busy person with a lot of hobbies. I did not get time to use a lot of optics i had that why i have sold around $6k of optics in last two months.

We are all lucky that you find the time to troll the forums.

Imagine the meeting at Swaro about this:

Agent, "Alright guys, this is the second time going over this binocular, let's see what's going on with it..."

Tech, "I can't see anything wrong with it?"

Agent, "No, you have to take a picture of it, magnify it, and then blow it up on the screen in the conference room to see it."

Tech, "What?"

Agent, "Yeah, hang on, we're getting an ATX 115 with an ME 1.7 over here to digiscope the picture for you so you can see the problem."

Tech, "Are you serious right now"

Agent, "Look, according to the owner this is entirely reasonable. Also, we're going to have to amputate your hands and surgically implant hooks so that you're not touching his binoculars"

Tech, "Oh, very funny, wait, why is there a surgical team... HEY!"

JGRaider

WKR
Like I said before......consider the source...... a never ending resource for a good clown show. I've sent back two pair of Swaro binos over the years for a good cleaning/servicing and had exemplary service each time, as have 99% of the people who have used Swarovski USA's top notch service. It is one good reason why Swarovski is kicking everyone's azzz in the alpha optics market.

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Like I said before......consider the source...... a never ending resource for a good clown show. I've sent back two pair of Swaro binos over the years for a good cleaning/servicing and had exemplary service each time, as have 99% of the people who have used Swarovski USA's top notch service. It is one good reason why Swarovski is kicking everyone's azzz in the alpha optics market.
Swarovski is on the top in terms of quality and innovation but not by sales. And I never said anything about swaroski's products. My concern is with SONA repair department having slip ups recently.

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Here is picture of some thread/Fiber that was sticking inside my ELs when they came back after cleaning last year from SONA. It was like 3 to 4 mm long fiber with one edge wedged between the wall and the lens.

Attachments

• 2233.jpg
    2233.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 76

JGRaider

WKR
Swarovski is on the top in terms of quality and innovation but not by sales. And I never said anything about swaroski's products. My concern is with SONA repair department having slip ups recently.

Whaaat? Swaro outsells every other alpha optics maker at least 10:1, and likely sells more than Zeiss and Leica combined. We had over 150 hunters come through our camps over a 15 yr period, and Swaro dominated, easily. The only Leica's we ever saw were a few Geovids, and I can count the number of Zeiss binos brought in on one hand.

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Whaaat? Swaro outsells every other alpha optics maker at least 10:1, and likely sells more than Zeiss and Leica combined. We had over 150 hunters come through our camps over a 15 yr period, and Swaro dominated, easily. The only Leica's we ever saw were a few Geovids, and I can count the number of Zeiss binos brought in on one hand.
Just google it and compares the revenues and number of employees. You will be surprised.

Swarovski makes some great stuff and I own(ed) a number of their binoculars and scopes. Glad you had two positive cleaning experiences, but no sport optics company has a repair service satisfaction rate approaching anything like that %.

As someone already said, most of us who hunt hard, especially expedition and mountain hunts, are pretty rough on equipment. Over the years I’ve sent several products back to each or the Big 3 for repair. Based on those combined experiences I wouldn’t necessarily rate SW as better than the others.

In fact, I recently sent in an SLC for repair. They acknowledged receiving it over 10 days ago. So far, not a peep or update - didn’t expect I’d have it back yet, but expected to hear the results of an initial inspection/diagnosis - I called yesterday, and nobody has even looked at it yet. Contrast that with an old Leica CRF that I sent in for repair last year - within a week I had a brand new one in hand. Years ago, Leica service was horrible but they are really standing behind their new dedication to customer service. Overall, I’ve had good experiences with Zeiss repair as well. Hopefully, my SLCs will come back timely and in tip-top shape.

That may be your experience while guiding in Wyoming. But I’ve hunted all over the world for many years and there is no way SW had a 10:1 advantage over the other alphas. In fact, up until about 10 years ago the most common glass I saw around the necks of mountain guides was a Zeiss Dialyt, and after that a good number of Geovids. Yes, there were a lot of SW as well and I believe they are increasing their sport optics dominance over Leica, and they are constantly battling with Zeiss.

While you are likely correct that today SW outsells both Leica and Zeiss combined in the hunting market, 10:1 is way outside of reality. The new NL Pure will certainly sell hot this year, but there are a smaller number of sportsmen who can afford it. I believe it will take more sales away from other SW models than the competition. EX, ditching the SLC will not help SW sales as it was one of their most successful models of all time, especially among sportsmen.

OP
kaku3428

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
That may be your experience while guiding in Wyoming. But I’ve hunted all over the world for many years and there is no way SW had a 10:1 advantage over the other alphas. In fact, up until about 10 years ago the most common glass I saw around the necks of mountain guides was a Zeiss Dialyt, and after that a good number of Geovids. Yes, there were a lot of SW as well and I believe they are increasing their sport optics dominance over Leica, and they are constantly battling with Zeiss.

While you are likely correct that today SW outsells both Leica and Zeiss combined in the hunting market, 10:1 is way outside of reality. The new NL Pure will certainly sell hot this year, but there are a smaller number of sportsmen who can afford it. I believe it will take more sales away from other SW models than the competition. EX, ditching the SLC will not help SW sales as it was one of their most successful models of all time, especially among sportsmen.
Totally agree with everything you said sir.

MattB

WKR
Here is picture of some thread/Fiber that was sticking inside my ELs when they came back after cleaning last year from SONA. It was like 3 to 4 mm long fiber with one edge wedged between the wall and the lens.
Can you see it when you use the binoculars? Not excusing it, but it functiinally make not make a difference.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
thanks for your lame contribution
Ok Karen. No one gives a flying **** how much you've spent on Swaro gear. Not. One. Single. Person. You can get as pissed as you want. Swaro fanboys aren't trolling you, most of us have optics from multiple brands including Swaro. You're coming across as an entitled whiner and nothing I've seen from your follow up responses has swayed the initial opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would think a man, and I use that term loosely, with $15k+ in alpha optics would have a camera or phone they knew how to focus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.