Tundra tires

This gets discussed plenty. Here's a previous thread about the same topic. Post #69 has some pictures of my Falkens and the details, but suffice to say that I have 70,000+ miles on mine, which were made in Thailand.

My tire shop said those Falkens were gonna be $275 per tire all in - mounted, balance, disposal, etc.

@couesbitten how often did you rotate them to get that kinda mileage. My duelers are gonna be less than 30k. If fairness I didn’t rotate them as much as I should have and they have a rep for wearing down with heavier trucks.

OP
J

Jotis

WKR
I see there are a few tire choices in c rated tires for my tundra, but I assume going with E rated would be the safer choice.

Back when I had a "Toyota" Tundra, my favorite set of tires I put on it were the Hankook Dynapro ATs now the AT2. When I get ready to replace the tires on my 2500 this will be my short list: Falken Wilpeak, Toyo MT, Hankook Dynapro MT
I run these Hankooks on my tundra and 4 runner. Very impressed. Will buy again as needed.

JFK

WKR
I put a pair of cooper rugged treks on my Tundra last year. They are a good tire and wearing well. Had BFG’s before that and got about 55k miles out of them with some life left. I just don’t like to run tires down to the absolute minimum. The coopers are quite a bit more aggressive/deeper treads than the bfg’s.

FEENIX

FNG
I have a set of Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac on my 2010 tundra. They were fine. A bit noisy and more tread than I really need.

those falkens look like a good option.
My last set of tires was Duratracs and got 43K miles. I could probably drive it for another year but since it is fall/winter, I opted to replace it with WPs a couple of years ago. I have over 10K miles now and am very pleased with it thus far.

1683996476177.png

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Toyo Open Country lll. On my 2020, quiet and smooth still at 50K
Have you used these off road? Something between fire service roads and rock crawling and attached is what I consider middle of the road (pun, pun) off road.

I really like my WildPeak tires and have great confidence in them for this type of terrain, but they are so noisy and I'll be lucky to get 30k miles.

Eddie

Attachments

• HC.jpg
    HC.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 24

JBB111

FNG
Have you used these off road? Something between fire service roads and rock crawling and attached is what I consider middle of the road (pun, pun) off road.

I really like my WildPeak tires and have great confidence in them for this type of terrain, but they are so noisy and I'll be lucky to get 30k miles.

Eddie
Yes, I have had them on worse than that for sure. These were my first set of Toyo's and I love them. Came from Mickey Thompson's. The Wildpeak was on my short list along with Yokohama but changed to the Open Country lll.

Best of luck

I’ve had good results with my Nitto Ridge Grapplers; I picked up a Yokohama Geolander Mudterrain for a spare that also looks like it has good potential for the future replacement set; price point was cheaper than the Nitto’s. Kinda depends on your on/off road use. AZ has plenty of places where I prefer the more aggressive tread.

I run the Geolander 003’s on my Tundra in 35x12.50. They’ve been great tires and honestly quieter than I’d expected. I’ve got about 30,000 miles on them now and there’s probably 15K left. They spend a lot of time in dirt and mud and I’ve not had an issue. I’ve driven right through areas in 2wd that others got stuck in 2wd, and barely got out of in 4wd. They’ve worn well with rotation every other oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
For those guys running the load range E tires, what pressure do you keep them at? Same as door spec for the Tundra, or higher? The Tundra I just bought has E range KO2's on it and the previous owner had them set at 50.

Trial153

WKR
For those guys running the load range E tires, what pressure do you keep them at? Same as door spec for the Tundra, or higher? The Tundra I just bought has E range KO2's on it and the previous owner had them set at 50.

Running mine at 40 but I might drop em to 35 as they are bit stiff.

Wrongside

WKR
Toyo ATIIIs at 40PSI, but it’s stiff. I do air down to 18-20ish anytime I’m off highway/off-road. If I didn’t air down I’d probably go back to 32-35PSI for everything.